Looking for Skilled Editors

Omgitsjose

Reaction score
I'm looking for one or two people to help me bring an idea for a map pack for SC2. I do not want to get into much detail of the specifics of the maps, but in general the maps will be bringing a new game play style to the traditional build and eliminate multi-player game play. I'm trying to find someone who has previous skills from world/star edit, and who knows their way around triggers, data editing, and the whole spill. Skills in general map design would be great, but my main objective here is to find someone who knows the mechanics of map editing. I want this to be a serous project, and looking for committed help to help bring this idea to life.

If all is well with whomever I work with, I'd love to start a team of editors for more projects.

Please respond in the thread if you are interested, or email me at [email protected].

I'm look forward to get this project off the ground and hope someone will help.

punwisp

Reaction score
If you mean wc3 mappers to start on Sc2's editor to help you

There are no pros, Galaxy editor is a lot different then wc3, any pro will be a noob in this new editor. I dont think theres anyone thats figured out everything in it yet.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
What he said. I don't expect this project to fly. There's no way. It's much too early for this kind of project. Later maybe when we get some people who know what the hell they're doing.

Sui-cookie

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
yeah, i just got it and its confusing as hell :( i have no idea what most of the ..well... what the equivalent of what the object editor thing is o_O
and im just getting the hang of terraining with it >.>

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Terraining is a horror if you need exact uniform lines. The grid is helpful, but the fact that there is no option to make terrain snap to the grid is very very annoying. Free movement is nice, but so is snap to grid.

The data editor is indeed a powerful too, but very complicated and has a steep learning curve.

Carnerox

The one and only.
Reaction score
The data editor is also unorganized or messy which ever you prefer. xD

punwisp

Reaction score
Terraining is a horror if you need exact uniform lines. The grid is helpful, but the fact that there is no option to make terrain snap to the grid is very very annoying. Free movement is nice, but so is snap to grid.

The data editor is indeed a powerful too, but very complicated and has a steep learning curve.

Free movement + perfect tile transition= Pure Uberness

And the editor is nost disorganized, we just havent figured it out yet.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
I'm not saying the entire editor is unorganized... I'm only saying that the DATA editor is complicated and has a steep learning curve...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.