Make units move closer together

227Minutes

Reaction score
How do I make it so that when I control a group of units, they move closer together? Is there any way to change this?

Also is there any way to make units turn faster? I have the turnrate set to really high and they still seem to be turning slow

227Minutes

Reaction score
Collision size doesn't affect their grouping separation

Setting the turn rate to low makes them turn slower.

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
highest turn rate is 3 i believe, cant go any higher, even triggers wont make the unit turn any faster. the only way to do instant turning is to delete and create a unit with the same stats.

TomTTT

Reaction score
highest turn rate is 3 i believe, cant go any higher, even triggers wont make the unit turn any faster. the only way to do instant turning is to delete and create a unit with the same stats.

Or cause the unit to change it's facing angle.
Trigger:
  • Unit - Move UNIT instantly to POINT, facing Default building facing THE ANGLE

Simply setting POINT to the UNIT's position, it won't move but will change it's facing angle to ANGLE.

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
as DioD said, the trigger will make it turn but still uses the same turn rate. there is one way with animation which is a function something like, lock unit facing to point/unit, however this is purely just animation and your unit will look like its facing the right way when its really not

jass : SetUnitLookAt

227Minutes

Reaction score
May I ask why you don't want them to travel close together?

It just looks weird to have my units in a spread out rectangle formation so far apart while moving across the map. I like how in Starcraft II, everything is bunched together and you get to decide how spread apart you want your units to be.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.