Making certain items only work in slot 1

LordXavier

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
My brother and I are making an RPG and we're trying to make it so if you have a specific item type (weapon) in slot 1 then it gives you some item abilities corresponding with the item. We have a trigger that gives you pick the weapon up and it's in slot one and if you drop it to add/remove the ability. We just need help on a trigger to add/remove the ability if it's moved around in the inventory. Must be MPI and MUI, doesn't matter if it's GUI or Jass

DarkDefiance

Reaction score
wait wait wait i need that explained slightly better, this is what i understand your trying to do in clear english.
I want my items in my map to where they are moved around in the inventory to change spells on the target hero who has the items. This is what i understand you are trying to do, if so i can write out the trigger for this in GUI. if not please explain better.
Edit: or are you trying to work on 1 specific item to only work in 1 specific slot, im not quite sure what you were saying IE when you pick this item up it must go in slot 3 if slot 3 is currently full you must remove item in slot 3 first before being able to pick that other item up in which case your current spell provided from the previous item changes to the other items spell that it provides

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Signature: If i was helpful please let me know by + reppin me if i wasnt please tell me what i can do better.

LordXavier

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I am trying to make it so you only get an ability for having a specific item (weapon-style items) in slot #1.
If the item, there's going to be many of them which i can use a variable to control or change the level of items so none are a specific level, is in slot 1 then you get an ability, if you move it out of slot 1 or drop it then you lose it. your Edit is right on, except it's not for just one item, i want to use the item's level to determine if it is a weapon (make all weapon items, say, level 5 and no other items are level 5).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.