Map Ideas Wanted (was: Help ME !!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gameman

It's been a long, long time.
Reaction score
ok pac man?...

seriosly i like the guy that said the mini games but how bougt a map w/ custom modles like ww2? hmmm theres plenty on the hive work shop

remix

Reaction score
The pac-man sounds great. I will do that but wotn the people that are the fruits get bored ????

Or must i change the positions of all the players to be a different postion after eversingle round -- should i do that ?

Thanx

- remix

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
For pacman, you can make a lot of players (or all, let's say 4) play as pacman, in seperate (maps). Whoever finishes first, get's a higher score, and moves on to the next level.

Jackal

You can change this now in User CP... or Die Tryin
Reaction score
I GOT IT!

In the pac man, I've seen some versions that are 2 player with Pac Man and Miss pac man, how about for every 1 pac man there are 3 ghosts.

So in a full house there would be
3 pac men
9 ghosts.

The third pac man could be kid pac man?

The maze is gonna have to be pretty big.

remix

Reaction score
With the pac man thing you have to select the coin to pick it up but in pac man the real thing you can just walk through and get the little coins! How do i do that ????

do the triggers and let me download it

- remix

chovynz

We are all noobs! in different states of Noobism!
Reaction score
If you don't know what you can do simple make something in reallife...! :)

I bags being pacman!

With the pac man thing you have to select the coin to pick it up but in pac man the real thing you can just walk through and get the little coins! How do i do that ????
Do it with a Unit (pacman) comes within range of unit (coin or fruit or ghost) trigger.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Just another suggestion. What about a soccer game? 5 players in each team + 1 keeper. Seems do-able...

Each player will have ability to shoot, evade opponent (tossing the ball, maybe?) and sprint (berserk). Every player will have the same ability, so there's not much to code. But they have to be MPI though.

The goalkeeper will have the ability to dive (dash ability, maybe?) and goal-kick (the range of goal-kick will be random). With timers and all, can make the first half and second half thing. Can use custom values as yellow cards. 2 Yellow cards = ban or unable to play for 1 min (revive or dead).

The hard part of this map is the ball movement. Maybe can use periodic trigger for this. If player come to XX range of the ball, order the ball to move XX range from angle of position of player to angle of position of the ball.... Not sure this will work smoothly or not.

Lol... Have been wanting to do this but dont have the time. :p

G

Ghostd

Ok, i got something for you.
I am working on learning jass to remix a map a friend was working on.
He had different ideas of where to take the map, while i had some other ones.

I can post the map, if you like.

Basically, its called Team Assault!

There are 6 people per team right now.
You select one of the hero's and you go out and try and capture 5 points across the map. At the begining you vote on capture time and points for win.

If you hold a point for 10 seconds, it reverts to your control, and you start earning points.

You can go in and take over other ones, and the hero's fight.

I would like some help making the heros levelable, with more balanced spells, a better system for voting on the map duration, and add in a vote for first to 1 win, first to 3 wins, or first to 5 wins.
That way the map can reset after one team hits 2k points, and they can play again.

The map is pretty much done so far, it just needs some tweaking, and i have been allowed to edit it by the original creator, i just have to name it Team Assault Remix.

Some things id like to have added:
4 Footmen that spawn for your team when you take a capture point.
If they leave the capture area, they are teleported back to the middle tower.

Smaller Mainbases

Better Balance of the terrain and neutral creeps

The game duration vote (1, 3, or 5 wins to finish game)

A rebalance of the hero's, and make them level up and convert the skills to hero skills, so they can level, and then balance them.

Create a Hero tavern for the opposing team, and re-name and give the heros all different models, so its not the same look on each team.
(change the brute model on the blue team to a MG, and the Red team to a tauren etc)

Currently, when a hero is choosen, its teleported to the main base.
If there was a way to instantly move him there, instead of teleporting, it would be nice.

Possibly add an option to teleport to any territory your team has control of.
I think a staff of teleportation with one charge that only works on buildings would work for this.

Make the capture points smaller.

On the bridges, on each side, add a tower and a beacon, so you can capture them, to offer some strategic defense, and to also add more to the game then just the 5 capture points. These small towers can be just the same as the ones on the main capture points, but only offer like 1 point a second instead of the ammount the main capture points give.

Currently when you die, the items are droppable.
I would like to see some better items used, which i could come up with if needed, and make it so you only drop one random item from your inv instead of all of them.

Also, when you die, you can pick a new hero.
This is currently why the creator didnt do hero levels.
I would like to make it so when you die, and pick a new hero ( or the same) you lose 1/4th of your gold and hero level, and then that hero level is applied to the new hero and your old items.

With your name being remix and all, i think your the prime person to help me jazz up my friends map.
I have permission to do it, and id like to see it go the direction i envision it, instead of the direction he does.

As long as its named Team Assault Remix, he doesnt care.
You can put your name on it too, since your name is remix!

Basically, ALOT of the map is already done, it just needs some stuff added, and some balance.

If you are willing to help me finish this, please let me know.
You will get full credit for it when its done.

I can post the map then.

remix

Reaction score
where can i get the triggers for the movement ??? up arrow key, down arrow key, left arrow key and right arrow key -- i dont know where to get those triggers !!

tell me if u see any!

remix

Reaction score
iv'e tried that one before and i dont rly like it but try and find more..

ill try make my onw one!

remix

Reaction score
iv'e tried that one before and i dont rly like it but try and find more..

ill try make my own one!

G

Ghostd

So, does anyone wish to help me work over my map?

IT has potential to be a quick catching game.

Please read my post on the end of page 2, if you like whats already there, or want to see a version, let me know, and we can work from there.

remix

Reaction score
pls guys i need triggers on the movement or ill never be able to release my Pac Man map :(

:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.