Map Question

hiyazaki09

Reaction score
How Can I make My lower version map compatible to 1.24 version coz when i open my old version map on World editor and Play it only go's to the main Menu

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
Is NewGen involved? Have you tried saving it before testing it? Have you tried playing it from WC3 instead of just testing from the editor?

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, considering you didn't answer my other two questions.... :p
I would probably need to try the map myself.

SanKakU

Reaction score
i'm guessing your old version map is making use of the return bug. you need to delete all instances of the return bug...which may make your map in turn bug. you'll have to recode some things i suppose, although i have no idea how much. depends on what systems and spells you were using. you might've been using the return bug on some fun spells that were in your map.

return bug is:

return 0
return null
return h
return i

or something like that? i don't remember it well, but the return bug meant that if you had more than one return after another, you might get both returns or something....but now you can only have the one return. so no more return bug. something like that. but anyway now you know what to look for but i am not an expert on solving your dilemma. i just know how to find what triggers are breaking your map so you can disable them. of course doing so might cause your map to be disabled in general so it's a big problem and nobody likes having to go through all that trouble.

one more thing don't forget to check your map header, too. a lot of old systems would ask you to put the code in the map header but those are probably not new patch compatible...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.