Max settings on this comp?

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
Well anyway i convinced my dad to get me a new comp, and i know for a fact it meets and exceeds the recommended requirements for sc2, but i want to know if id be able to play sc2 (once i get it) on highest settings. i saw the screenshots of sc2 on the highest settings compared to lower ones and man the highest settings seem great.

anyway the specs are:
CPU: AMD Phenom II x6 2.6Ghz
Memory: DDR3 4x2Gb (total of 8Gig, max of 16gig possible)
HDD: 1 Tb SATA
GFX: ATI Radeon HD 5570 - 1 gig (on a 1080p monitor)
Windows 7

cant wait to get this game!!1!

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Yea I think so. CPU might be a limiting factor but I think it will be fine anyway.

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, you won't be able to play on max settings with that. The video card is going to kill that build. A 5570 is not really a high end card and I expect that you might be able to play with some Medium to High settings, but I doubt you will be able to touch Ultra settings. Here's a hierarchy chart for graphics cards:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-radeon-hd-geforce-gtx,2676-7.html

For reference, I have a GTX 295 and it starts to struggle with the settings maxed out on a 1920x1200 monitor.

Furby

Current occupation: News poster
Reaction score
I run ultra fine on this:

CPU: AMD Phenom II X3 710, 2.6GHz @OC 3.25Ghz
RAM: 4096 MB (800Mhz)
GPU: ATI Radeon HD 4870 1024MB

Res: 1440*900
TeeeAichSee> wow, when playing games, graphic card is really important thing, and that card compared to rest is piece of junk, and tell me why u need 6 core cpu, coz there is only one game which uses 4 cores and that's GTA 4, afaik.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
i dont need 6 cores, the comp just comes with it. the gfx card also comes with it, i just dont feel like spending more $$$ on a better gfx card but ican if necessary.

Furby

Reaction score
Oh, right. Well, those pc stores do it like that, they build crap machines. You gotta build your own if you want a good pc, or ask some friend who can, the worst choice is to buy already built one.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
well i wanted to build my own, its just that for something slightly better than that one would be several hundred more already, and im on a budget. sure it has some flaws but generally the only problem i found with the built one is that it has a crappy GFX and it only has 1 PCI Express 2.0 x16 slot, but i thought about it and by the time id need another gpu the PC requirements would require more than just another GFX card. i even tried to calculate a slighly worse PC and even then it still cost more. so far its my best option. il just buy a better GFX card if thats the only thing holding me back.

kingkingyyk3

Visitor (Welcome to the Jungle, Baby!)
Reaction score
Your build is imbalanced.

Gaming aspect critique :
Phenom II x6 2.6Ghz
A Phenom II x4 955 is enough to pwn it.

4x2GB RAM
You don't even need 3GB RAM for sc2.
Other RAM(s) are sleeping happily inside your pc.

ATI Radeon HD 5570 - 1 gig (on a 1080p monitor)
This's imbalanced.
5570 is just enough for handling games on 1680x1050.
Full HD resolution gaming is too heavy for it to handle.
For smooth full HD resolution gaming, at least HD5770 is required.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
How much does this one cost?

about $1020 (CAD)

i dk, i might end up building my own, or just buying an additional card, but then again it might just be more plausable to get a different PC as a better card might cost a lot. hmm

Furby

Reaction score
I built my own pc for 600€ (~750$) (LAST SUMMER!) and I can run ScII at ultra details.

PureOwnage

Minecraft Server OP, Inactive.
Reaction score
I build my own PC a week ago for 630 USD.

AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition
2 GB DDR3
GeForce GTX 460

It plays ultra fine. Lowest FPS is 30 and highest is 100.
It lags in the beginning of a mission and it loads fairly moderately.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
Im gunna see some prices at stores that were suggested, maybe find a cheaper self-build somewhere else. i might get back with a different set up later today at night.

quick other question tho, if i was to build my own PC, whats a good graphics card that doesnt cost too much?

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
Unfortunately, you won't be able to play on max settings with that. The video card is going to kill that build. A 5570 is not really a high end card and I expect that you might be able to play with some Medium to High settings, but I doubt you will be able to touch Ultra settings. Here's a hierarchy chart for graphics cards:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-radeon-hd-geforce-gtx,2676-7.html

For reference, I have a GTX 295 and it starts to struggle with the settings maxed out on a 1920x1200 monitor.

I'm running on Ultra with everything to the max on a nVidia GeForce GTX 260M CUDA + 1GB

with Intel Quad Core 2 on a 1080p LCD Sony Bravia and I have no problems at all.

Furby

Reaction score
Im gunna see some prices at stores that were suggested, maybe find a cheaper self-build somewhere else. i might get back with a different set up later today at night.

quick other question tho, if i was to build my own PC, whats a good graphics card that doesnt cost too much?

nVidia or AMD?

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
Amd

Furby

Reaction score
Well, as kingkingyyk3 said at least HD5770, that's around 170$ - 200$.

I suggest Sapphire, better cooling.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Well, as kingkingyyk3 said at least HD5770, that's around 170$ - 200$.

I suggest Sapphire, better cooling.

I'd stick to XFX or ASUS. Wouldn't buy a lower tier graphics card...that's not a place to skimp.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
if i was to have a 5770 with the same other specs, would that work good?

EDIT: also what about if i had this:

CPU: i7 860 - 2.8 Ghz
Memory: DDR3 4x2Gb (total of 8Gig, max of 16gig possible)
GFX: ATI Radeon HD 5770
Windows 7

compared to:

CPU: AMD Phenom II x6 2.6Ghz
Memory: DDR3 4x2Gb
GFX: ATI Radeon HD 5770
Windows 7

which one would be better? cuz the i7 comes with the 5770, and if i was to buy a seperate 5770 for the AMD one, it would cost the exact same (however the AMD leaving me with a spare 5570)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.