Melee to Ranged question

kvasir

Reaction score
Hi
I need some help - how can I create an item which when equipped changes the unit's attack mode from melee to ranged and vice versa when the item is removed?
Thx in adv@ance

Immolation

Reaction score
Don't BUMP a thread if 24h didn't passed from the last post.

Anyway, since there's not actually an ability that gives such property, you should use upgrades.

Make 2 upgrades, one that increases range by the desired amount, and another that substracts the same amount(press SHIFT while editing parameters in Object Editor to allow extremely high and negative values).

Give them lots of levels, atleast 100 or higher.

Whenever you pick up the item, set level of the upgrade that RAISES range to "Level of (upgrade that raises range) +1".

Whenever you pick up the item, set level of the upgrade that LESSENS range to "Level of (upgrade that lessens range) +1".

Hope that this helped you :D

kvasir

Reaction score
Thanks
But where do I put the upgrade? I mean, does it have to be purchasable or do I use a trigger?

FrozenShadow

I am a WolfieeifloW fan.
Reaction score
Object Editor, then for the units, you put the upgrades you want in the "Upgrades Used" Field

kvasir

Reaction score
Ok, I did that
but how do I get the upgrade to be activated when the unit acquires the item and deactivated when the item is dropped. (e.g. - The hero buys a Bow. It increases his range and changes his combat mode to ranged. When the hero drops/sells the bow, he reverts to his original melee combat mode. Thats what I need)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.