Mhm...help me make this spell....if its possible -.-

Trickster

Reaction score
Errr...ok...like when i use this spell...it supposed to change screen to gray color...like ur dead or something....and when u are using that spell OTHER players cant see you at all. but when u use spell...and another player uses the same spell...u can see him and he can see u....and also...if every players use that spell..u can all see each other...like...going in other world...and going back in first one...i hope u understand what im saying...so...any way to do it??? -.-

EDIT: ... almost forgot...also...when u use it again...when in other world...u change back..in first one....like...that ilidian spell...that burning shield or whatever...im trying it ...with that spell... actually...the only thing i dont know is...how to make em all be visible and invisible to each other...

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
I dunno... If I can do this... I need to... Know... A little... More...

K so probably would be easier in JASS, but anyhow 12 players n 12 heroes? (or less players you get the idea)

Trickster

Reaction score
mhm...can u do it...just for 2 players...so i at least know how to do it :p or give me...any kind of idea..how can this be done...anything :pP i dont have any idea how to make em invisible...maybe with that wind walk...but again....every player for every player...i cant do that :<

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
My intentions of writing with many periods was to mock you -.-"
Please, don't write like that, it gets very annoying :)

ANYHOW, I need to know about the 12 players 12 heroes thing so I can actually make it. It involves boolean variables, alliances, etc.

I gotta do some homework right now, so I'll give you a basic idea.
A unit casts the ability
Set booleanchecker[(player number (owner of(triggering unit)))] = true
Then if two booleans are true, then make them allies with/without shared vision etc... Homework, then sleep, sorry, good night :)

Trickster

Reaction score
My intentions of writing with many periods was to mock you -.-"

not working :> i tried to get rid of those periods...a-a ... cant do it :> ..im little woried...i think im going to start talking with periods or something...must rid of em somehow -.-

ANYHOW, I need to know about the 12 players 12 heroes thing so I can actually make it. It involves boolean variables, alliances, etc.

what 12 players 12 heroes thing??? i dont understand what you are trying to tell me :p... like...how many heroes i will have...and players...what??? o_O

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I know there is a way to change screen color and stuff, but I don't know how :p

But, for invisibility thing you can use permanent invisibility, and give the invisible units true sight so they can see each other. This method gets rid of any other invisibility you may have in your map, so think about it twice :)

EDIT: There might also be a way with local player hiding/showing units, but I'm pretty sure it would lead to desyncs so... Unless further testing is involved we'll forget it :p

Trickster

Reaction score
YESSS!!! true sight!!! permanent invisibility!!!! ... o_O how didint i think of that....i love u dude!!! ^^ im gonna do it right now :p 5:07 AM o_O

EDIT FOR EDIT :p :

EDIT: There might also be a way with local player hiding/showing units, but I'm pretty sure it would lead to desyncs so... Unless further testing is involved we'll forget it

why would i try anything else...this thing with true sight and invisibility will do it perfect!...like...u use spell (whatever spell) ... make screen gray when i use it....add invisbility and add tru sight...it should work perfect...

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
For the color screen thingy, you could use a fade filter (Under the <Cinematic> category (It is an action)) and set it to some transparency. You could use a custom fade filter, but if you want it to be gray but visible, you could do something like this:
Code:
Cinematic - Fade out over (2.00) seconds using Black Mask and (15.00%,15.00%,15.00%) color with (70.00%) Transparency
I dunno if it will make it exactly gray, but sort of gray I think... This should work, to reverse it back to regular color, do this:
Code:
Cinematic - Fade out over (2.00) seconds using White Mask and (0.00%,0.00%,0.00%) color with (100.00%) Transparency
I dunno if the triggers are exact, but that should work. I hope this helps. :)

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i just had the perfect answer with invisibility and fade filters but i see other people have also done that..

(you could make a fade filter a certain colour and make it slightly transparent)

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
YESSS!!! true sight!!! permanent invisibility!!!! ... o_O how didint i think of that....i love u dude!!! ^^ im gonna do it right now :p 5:07 AM o_O

EDIT FOR EDIT :p :

why would i try anything else...this thing with true sight and invisibility will do it perfect!...like...u use spell (whatever spell) ... make screen gray when i use it....add invisbility and add tru sight...it should work perfect...

If you give the "ghost" or whatever true sight when he's supposedly "dead", he will see invisible alive units, which is not what one would want if they have units that can turn invisible.

That's why I suggested another idea. But then it fits you perfect so all's good :)

gref

Reaction score
My 2 cents:

Give all dead units the ghost ability, then ally them together, when they die.
When they resurrect you remove the ghost ability and reset the original alliance setups.

Problems:
-They can see alive units.
-Alive units that can detect invisible can see them and attack, and units with Ghost ability can still attack. (So probably give the 'dead' units invulnerability, and remove their ability to attack.)
-I don't know how to do the grey fade (Perhaps something with weather or sky?)

S

spnx

what if you make something like this:
base your spell of immolation (the burning thing that you said)
then pick every unit in the map and all that has the buff of the skill you made will be removed from the group then make the unit group hide from the buffed player.
if this was possible.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.