Missing ranger skill, need ideas

S

Sanitarium

Vexorian said:
It seems that it would be an arrow something that goes in a line , basically like shockwave but with other effects.

Anyways this ranger is a High Elf Female ranger, so I wouldn't love the idea of shamanistic powers or things that specifically involve wood (Too much like Night elves)

Also she is a ranged agility hero focused on damaging , so giving her a summon ability just wouldn't fit.

I think it would be an arrow skill mixed with arcane magic
I am unable to resist the urge to point directly at the main subject of my previous post. *POINT* *LOOK*

On a side note, if the other ability held no appeal, then you must want a more active ability...based on shockwave...hmm

Needs Name...: Fires an arrow empowered with...some sort of magic, wind perhaps.
That arrow creates a vortex throws units in its path into voilent cyclones, sending them spinning off through the air. Unit could be damaged during flight, and on impact, possibly dizzy and/or stunned on impact as well. This would, at anyrate, allow the ranger to close distance and open fire.

Or

Needs Name...: Through mastery of arcane magics the ranger is able to bend this arrow's path as he wishes, through repeated casting of this ability.
For example: Fires arrow, travels through target, and then the ability can be recasted to send the arrow wheeling and striking through the target once more, etc. If uncontrolled for a given duration it expires perhaps? Multiple levels of multishot could allow control of several arrows whom may follow separate paths to/through the target.
On impact they could resonably wound, damage, stun, give temp reduction of speeds, or even knock the given unit back.

Most of these ideas are rather open ended to variation for the simple reason that you wanted ideas rather than direction on how to structure abilities. If any of the above are unclear, I may be able to construct a working example for you.

Once again, good luck with the map.

Cres

Reaction score
Arrow Bomb- fires an exploding arrow that blows up releasing more arrows (after doing damage) you could make the explosions go on for ever and have teh IMBAness :/

Vexorian

Why no custom sig?
Reaction score
It seems it is going to be ???? Arrow (needs a name), an arrow that goes in a line till finding a target in that case the arrow will purify (sp?) the target for example:

- IF it is a friendly unit, it will have negative buffs removed
- If it is an enemy unit, it will have positive buffs removed and be silinced for a couple of seconds I think.
- If it is an enemy summon, it will also devide its hitpoints by 2 (will never be able to kill the summoned unit , but will devide its hp: for example:

Summon had 44/50 hp then it will have 22/50
Summon had 22/50 hp then it will have 11/50
Summon had 11/50 hp then it will have 5.5/50
Summon had 1/50 hp then it will have 1/50

The ranger seemed to have an extra spell that did something else, antimagic is a good idea it seems, cause VXHA is a map where mages and summons are powerful instead of agility heroes.

Thanks for the posts, they were really useful, helped me find out what I don't want the ranger to be like.

I still need a good name for this skill.

Also some of your ideas sounded good for some of the other heroes.

R

Rikkator

UnknowVector said:
You cant make a unit untargetable for that to work becuase unless the ability was timed the player couldnt select it to deactivt the ability or move.

Yes you can, make a trigger to change back when the player types -MorphinTime! or something 8)

and if you don't want her to turn into a tree because she is a highelf, make her turn into a stone XD

Just kidding, heres an idea for a jass skill:
The ranger fires an arrow at a target location and begins channeling a spell, while channeling that target location is striked each turn by a storm of magic missiles that deal X damage per level...

Another skill:
The ranger uses the skill and then types an amount of mana("-500" for example) the next arrow the ranger shots will be x% of the mana spent stronger

Another skill:
Pin down! from guildwars:) the ranger fires an arrow that slows the target for X amount each level

Rad

Reaction score
Holy arrow, Arrow of purifacation (sp), Arrow of light, Antimagic arrow, cleansinng arrow (doesnt really fit the enemy part though :rolleyes: )

Some names I guess...^

Vexorian

Why no custom sig?
Reaction score
The become tree skill is easy, just make shadow meld take away pathability and create a tree there

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.