Modifying PHP files on the fly?

Monovertex

Formerly Smith_S9
Reaction score
It is possible to insert/edit the contents of an PHP file from another PHP file from the same server? If yes, is the way to go the fopen & co.?

I don't want to start writing the PHP script with fopens and stuff to discover that it's not working.

Thank you in advance!

enouwee

Non ex transverso sed deorsum
Reaction score
Try to rephrase that "problem" ... what exactly are you trying to do?

Monovertex

Formerly Smith_S9
Reaction score
I want to have a file on a server to insert a small script at the top of another file (and this script would be anything, not something in special). As a measure of security in case the guy I'm working with is trying to fool me. He's not that computer literate, but I doubt he will check all the files to see what they do :p.

enouwee

Reaction score
Yay, second post in a row with [THREAD=111627]eval()[/THREAD].

PHP:
<?php

$code = file_get_contents('path/to/my/very/secret/backdoor.html');
// do something with it
eval($code);

?>

Bad things are bound to happen with such code...

Monovertex

Formerly Smith_S9
Reaction score
Not eval(). I already know about that. I want to have the file 'insert.php', let's say, to 'open' the 'index.php' file, edit the code inside and then close it. I know that it is possible with normal txt files, but would it do it for a php as well?

To explain it well: the index.php file itself should not have any 'malicious' code inside it (the eval stuff). The insert.php should do all the nasty stuff.

enouwee

Reaction score
There's no difference between a plain text file and one containing PHP code. Any file manipulation function (fopen/fwrite/fclose, file_get_contents/file_put_contents, ...) or worse can be used.

alexho

Reaction score
are you meaning an interface to edit files? fopen input some file name.php save submit fwrite 'w' to that file

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.