Health More Americans too fat for X-rays, scans

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
More and more obese people are unable to get full medical care because they are either too big to fit into scanners, or their fat is too dense for X-rays or sound waves to penetrate, radiologists reported on Tuesday.

With 64 percent of the U.S. population either overweight or obese, the problem is worsening, but it represents a business opportunity for equipment makers and hospitals, said Dr. Raul Uppot, a radiologist at Massachusetts General Hospital.

"We noticed over the past couple of years that obesity was playing a role in our ability to see these images clearly," Uppot said in a telephone interview.

Radiologists have their own term for it when writing up reports: "These images are limited due to body habitus."

Last edited:

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
stupid ppl and their stupid lack of self control....genetics or no genetics, it is not difficult to eat good and stay relatively lean

Halo_king116

Working As Intended
Reaction score
Of course Lobester ;)

But it isn't really funny, it's more of a sad thing :p

Good thing I'm Canadian :D :cool:

NoxMortus

All Along the Watchtower
Reaction score
Yea, as we all know; Canadians are immune to becoming fat.

emjlr3, don't some people have a disorder with their metabolism or something, so they can't help it?

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Supposedly a few do, and that problem can be solved by closely monitoring them as opposed to playing the role of the ignorant "he'll do whatever he wants to do" kind of attitude.

The rest are fat, lazy jerks who like to think they have some kind of disorder because it gives them some excuse for their behaviour. However, these people do not have any of these disorders.

Either way, that's kind of nasty...not being able to get an X-ray taken :p

My metabolism is wired slightly backwards for whatever reason. Thus, I stay thin, but I need to eat huge meals from time to time in order to keep on going.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Send them to the zoo :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.