More questions.

Skully

Reaction score
1. I have a Hunter unit that when it's spawned becomes a Red or Blue unit(depending on team) and goes and kills units in a seperate area for gold. I have a trigger set up to divide the gold that (Blue or Red) get to each player on that team. Everything works except the two teams never get the gold. It shows the unit getting gold from kills though.
Trigger:
  • Divide Money Blue
    • Events
      • Time - Every 60.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
      • Hunter_Blue[1] Greater than 0
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Player 2 (Blue) Current gold) Greater than 0
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by Player 2 (Blue) of type Hunter) and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Unit - Set the custom value of (Picked unit) to (Player 2 (Blue) Current gold)
              • Game - Display to (All allies of Player 2 (Blue)) the text: (The Hunters materials have been delivered to the Villiage, the materials they collected are worth + (String((Player 2 (Blue) Current gold))))
              • Game - Display to (All allies of Player 2 (Blue)) the text: It will be split am...
              • Player - Add (((Custom value of (Picked unit)) / Hunter_Blue[1]) / 2) to Player 3 (Teal) Current gold
              • Player - Add (((Custom value of (Picked unit)) / Hunter_Blue[1]) / 2) to Player 4 (Purple) Current gold
              • Player - Set Player 2 (Blue) Current gold to 0
              • Unit - Set the custom value of (Picked unit) to 0
        • Else - Actions
          • Game - Display to (All allies of Player 2 (Blue)) the text: Your Hunters have b...

2. Anyone have tips on balancing units?

3. I have a Boss in my TD that when it dies should be revived 5 seconds later. I set up a trigger to do that but it doesn't work.
Trigger:
  • Penguin Boss
    • Events
      • Time - SpawnTimer expires
    • Conditions
      • CreepLevel Equal to 10
    • Actions
      • Player - Add 1 to Player 12 (Brown) Food used
      • Set Boss_Defeat = False
      • Game - Display to PlayeInGame the text: You have made it to...
      • Player Group - Pick every player in PlayeInGame and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Giant Penguin of D00mz0rz for Player 12 (Brown) at ((Picked player) start location) facing Default building facing degrees
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • Boss_Defeat Equal to False
              • ((Last created unit) is dead) Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
              • Wait 5.00 seconds
              • Unit - Create 1 Giant Penguin of D00mz0rz for Player 12 (Brown) at (Position of (Dying unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
              • Player - Set Player 12 (Brown) Food used to 0
            • Else - Actions
              • Set CreepLevel = 11

With this one, the "Last created unit is dead," I think I have to change this, but I can't figure out to what. Because there will be several of them, and players may have built afterwards.

5. I have a custom script to show the level info on top of the map, but I don't know how to get a variable with an array to work in it.

NEW:
8. Where can I edit the speed reduction for Frost Attack or Slow? I looked in abilities and buffs, but couldn't find a spot that lets me change the amount slowed.

9. I tested my TD map on battlenet with a friend, and he shows up in the leaderboard but I don't. And I lose whenever 5 creeps reach the endpoint or 10 of his creeps reach the endpoint (5 he loses, then another 5 I lose.) I think as soon as I get myself on the leadboard itll fix the other problem. Anyone know how to do this?

If I need to make anything clearer just ask.

Skully

Reaction score
2. Testing Testing and more testing
3. Use reincarnation?
4. Check my TD here: http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=136549
6. Are they on different teams? Or the same team?
7. Gameplay Constants?

3. I don't remember why, but I didn't want to use reincarnation.

6. Blue and 2 others are on one team. Red and two others are on another. When the (Blue) Hunter dies or 60 seconds goes by it is supposed to split up the current money it has between the two on Blues team.
If it helps, think of it like Gang Wars or something, where all units go to one color for the team. And this is like FBI bounty. If you played Gang Wars, that is.

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Haven't played Gang Wars.

6 was referring to the neutrals. I don't see why you give gold trigger isn't working.

Skully

Reaction score
It works, Red/Blue gets the gold. It's the dividing among the other two (human) players that won't work.

Oh and, for the neutrals, I guess they are on the same team, Neutral. They don't have a color.

Joccaren

Reaction score
There are many neutral teams: Neutral Hostile, Neutral Passive, Neutral Extra and Neutral Victim. The easiest way would be to put them on different Neutral teams then trigger it so that the neutral players treat each other as enemies.

Otherwise, use something like this:

Event:
Unit come within 600 of (Wolf 1)
Unit come within 600 of (Wolf 2)
Unit come within 600 of (Wolf 3)
Unit come within 600 of (Wolf 4)
ect.
Condition:
Unit type of (Triggering Unit) not equal to (Wolf)
Actions: Order (Wolf X) to attack (Triggering Unit)

Skully

Reaction score
With 1, it has something to do with the trigger starting. Not even the text appears every 60 seconds. But when a Hunter dies, the gold splits as its supposed to. (Which is a different trigger)

For 6, I changed Neutral Vitim units to be player dark green, and the Wolves attack them fine.

Skully

Reaction score
Where do you set your hunter blue variable?

Trigger:
  • Hunter Spawn Blue
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes training a unit
    • Conditions
      • (Color of (Owner of (Trained unit))) Equal to (Color of Player 2 (Blue))
      • (Unit-type of (Trained unit)) Equal to Hunter
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Trained unit) to Attack-Move To (Random point in Forest <gen>)
      • Set Hunter_Blue[1] = (Hunter_Blue[1] + 1)

Theres two of each Hunter Trigger, one for each team. Don't know if that matters.

See, I also have this:
Trigger:
  • Hunter Dies Blue
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Color of (Owner of (Dying unit))) Equal to (Color of Player 2 (Blue))
      • (Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to Hunter
    • Actions
      • Game - Display to (All allies of Player 2 (Blue)) the text: It looks like your ...
      • Set Hunter_Blue[1] = (Hunter_Blue[1] - 1)
      • If (Hunter_Blue[1] Equal to 0) then do (Trigger - Turn off Divide Money Blue <gen>) else do (Do nothing)
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by Player 2 (Blue) of type Hunter) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Set the custom value of (Picked unit) to (Player 2 (Blue) Current gold)
          • Player - Add (((Custom value of (Picked unit)) / Hunter_Blue[1]) / 2) to Player 4 (Purple) Current gold
          • Player - Add (((Custom value of (Picked unit)) / Hunter_Blue[1]) / 2) to Player 3 (Teal) Current gold
          • Unit - Set the custom value of (Picked unit) to 0
          • Player - Set Player 2 (Blue) Current gold to 0

Which works just fine.

jomik

Reaction score
Umm, why do you use custom value thingy? Why not just get blue's current gold? and add that divided by number of players, to each player, then set it to 0 when done?

Skully

Reaction score
Umm, why do you use custom value thingy? Why not just get blue's current gold? and add that divided by number of players, to each player, then set it to 0 when done?
So they can have more than one Hunter gathering gold, and if one dies, they only get the gold for that one.

Do you ever turn your give gold trigger back on?
I had it in the first trigger I posted but took it out, forgot to put it back in. Just trying to get it to work right now. It shouldn't turn off because when I am testing I get several Hunters normally, and they don't all die (so the trigger never turns off.)

Joccaren

Reaction score
Instead of unit finishes training stuff, try 'Unit enters region (Playable map area)
That might work

Skully

Reaction score
The trigger that makes them spawn and move and kill works fine. The one that won't work is the one that makes them split the gold every 60 seconds. It doesn't even activate.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.