• No, the games takes up Too much Space already

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, i no likey the areny

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MakazeHikari

Cool Member
Reaction score
Matthew roleplaying Map! Mrp (not Miyog)

I would appreciate it if people tested my map. im looking for constructve criticism, and maybe some one would like to spruce up the terrain a bit.
this is my first Map Project, and i beleive its going well.
Well, enough Blabbering. here it is

Matts Rpg! (tah dah!)

genre I got the idea from Miyogs rp map, so, Mrp (matts rp, not miyog!)

Players 1, unless you feel like duplicating all the triggers. ( i cant do bnet, so i didnt bother.)

What Makes it Worth Playing well, i enjoyed miyogs map, so it being like his is incentive enough for me.

2: 2 new walk in areas: sea cave, and graveyard!
3. The desert now has dunes! :eek:

Any Suggestions would be appreciated!

There is Some Bad News though... The Size of the map is reaching near my limit. Can Someone give suggestions on how to reduce the size of the map without changing the map? In a Little , i may have to begin sending the map by email.

Attachments

• Matts rp V3.w3x
    296.4 KB · Views: 291
Nice. An RPG. Do you want to submit it to the RPG contest? Since this is your first map, it might be a great way to getting to see how good you are :) .
Sorry, I'm just promoting :p , but I'll play your map sometime (when I get the Warcraft again ;) ). Good luck.

i would take a look at the terraining tutorials in the main page, to make ur islands look a bit more realistic, and the rest of the enviroments also try to have a shother terrain, not too bumpy, i know u have a long work to do, but i think an rpg is mostly how good your terrain looks.

Good luck

stavious said:
Nice. An RPG. Do you want to submit it to the RPG contest? Since this is your first map, it might be a great way to getting to see how good you are :) .

That Would be cool, thank you.

well, it isnt a Roleplaying game in the sense that it has a set story.
The cool thing about it that you make your own story while you play.
Have you ever played Miyogs Rpg?
(i look up to him)

grupoapunte said:
i would take a look at the terraining tutorials in the main page, to make ur islands look a bit more realistic, and the rest of the enviroments also try to have a shother terrain, not too bumpy, i know u have a long work to do, but i think an rpg is mostly how good your terrain looks.

Good luck

thanks for the Support, ill Start workin on that soon.
they would be better, but my main concern was making sure that the triggers were right, you know?
any other suggestions would be appreiciated

Why do you have so many units? And every time I click on one unit, it creates me that unit. So I clicked over 30 times, eding up with bunch of units. Is it meant to do that?:p

yes

have you ever played miyogs roleplaying map?
thye goal is to roleplay, making your own stories by utilizing the landscape, and changing property sof the uniut, such as owner, level, and size.
so yes, it is.

Ok, i Have to fill in another half of my map.
i already have used the enviroment types: river, islands, wasteland, Mountain, village, plains and village.

Suggestions?!

Thanks,
Your lord and master.

I know, what you should do. Display all the commands when elapsed time is 5 seconds. And give players the oppurtunity to see them again, if typed -commands. :p

Andrewgosu said:
I know, what you should do. Display all the commands when elapsed time is 5 seconds. And give players the oppurtunity to see them again, if typed -commands. :p

well, i dont beleive i dont need to do that, all the commands are listed in the quest log. :D

This isn't a chat room, we don't care when you leave or come back. What's more, you are not allowed to bump your thread until 24 hours after the last post.

sorry

Sargon said:
This isn't a chat room, we don't care when you leave or come back. What's more, you are not allowed to bump your thread until 24 hours after the last post.

Sorry, i wont Happen Again. :)

if you would, could you remove the 2 messages that broke the rules?

New terrain!

I have added a Volcano to the map!

I Have also added 2 new "walk-in" areas, these are areas that use a trigger to instantly move you to an area. The Updated list is as follows:

1: Forest
2: Village
3: Demonic Throne Room (wasteland)
4: GraveYard
5: Sea cave.

Theres room for about 3 or 4 more.
Any Suggestions?
:confused:

Underwater!! Create a custom doodad using bats but replace the bat models with fish and apply bluefog to give the water appearance. I'm sure you could work that out good enough if you wanted...

Ident1ty said:
Underwater!! Create a custom doodad using bats but replace the bat models with fish and apply bluefog to give the water appearance. I'm sure you could work that out good enough if you wanted...

Never Mind, i put it into the map, and it will be included in the next patch, thank you.

Sweet I will look foward to that :) No clue on other terrain kind of things you can create, but goodluck getting your map popular.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Helper The Helper:
    News portal has been retired. Main page of site goes to Headline News forum now
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am working on getting access to the old news portal under a different URL for those that would rather use that for news before we get a different news view.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Easily done
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    https://www.thehelper.net/pages/news/ is a link to the old news portal - i will integrate it into the interface somewhere when i figure it out
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Need to try something
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hopefully this won't cause problems.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hmm
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I have converted the Headline News forum to an Article type forum. It will now show the top 20 threads with more detail of each thread.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    See how we like that.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do not see a way to go past the 1st page of posts on the forum though
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is OK though for the main page to open up on the forum in the view it was before. As long as the portal has its own URL so it can be viewed that way I do want to try it as a regular forum view for a while
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is with the pagination.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    It SHOULD be there so I think it might just be an artifact of having an older style.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I switched it to a "Standard" article forum. This will show the thread list like normal, but the threads themselves will have the first post set up above the rest of the "comments"
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I don't really get that article forum but I think it is because I have never really seen it used on a multi post thread
  • Ghan Ghan:
    RpNation makes more use of it right now as an example: https://www.rpnation.com/news/
  • The Helper The Helper:
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What do you think Tom?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I will have to get used to this.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    The latest news feed looks good
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I would like to see it again like Ghan had it the first time with pagination though - without the pagination that view will not work but with pagination it just might...
  • The Helper The Helper:
    This drink recipe I have had more than a few times back in the day! Mind Eraser https://www.thehelper.net/threads/cocktail-mind-eraser.194720/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.