Multiple Multiboards ... or something

Luth

Lex Luthor!
Reaction score
This is for Go FiSH! 2, so if you've played GF1, it may shed some light on what I'm talking about.

So, what I have here is a need for two multiboards. One, a 2 wide x 1 tall to keep track of my clock and display: [ 4:20 am ][ Tournament ends in one day ] The other is a 4x8 to use as a graphical (using icons) fish finder.

Combining the two into one doesnt work. 2 wide is not long enough for the Finder, and the width of the cells isnt wide enough for the text on the four wide. (Widening them would make the Finder look really crap-tastic.)

Creating one multiboard destroys any already created and shown. Is it supposed to? Then whats the difference between "Show Multiboard" and "Show All Multiboards" if only one displays at a time?

Ideas, suggestions, and solutions welcome.

corvusHaunt

Reaction score
I've never really used Multiboards, so I have no idea. Maybe you can have a leaderboard up to show the time as well? If not, try using a timer window or something.

Luth

Lex Luthor!
Reaction score
Leaderboard only shows whole numbers, and the closest to a whole number I have is "4:20 am", which, obvsiously, isnt a number.

A timer window would show a nice countdown timer with title, but I dont have any timers, and certainly wouldnt want the day-time to be counting down.

corvusHaunt

Reaction score
:/
I don't use any of them, I just knew they had windows :p

Why don't you just use the actual time of day sun dial thing? Just change the time speed to how you need.

Or you can do something like "hang up" a tournament poster on a fishing supply shack so players have to go and see, or they can buy a copy of the flyer or something :D

Luth

Lex Luthor!
Reaction score
The two clocks are already identical, but the fact that its always onscreen makes people pay attention to it. Plus, the text changes and sends little alerts throughout the fishing day.

Luth

Lex Luthor!
Reaction score
Clock has that ugly 00:00:00 if there's no timer associated with it.

Whats the difference between "Show Multiboard" and "Show All Multiboards" if only one displays at a time? Is it really impossible to have two multiboards?

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
Well, you could use multiboard array variables and let the player to navigate between these 2 ...(or more) multiboards.

Luth

Lex Luthor!
Reaction score
Thats exactly what I've been implementing for the last 30 mins. :) I'm glad that we can arrive at the same solutions. :cool:

D

deathtomato

Luth said:
Thats exactly what I've been implementing for the last 30 mins. :) I'm glad that we can arrive at the same solutions. :cool:

Lolz... hillarious.

Edit: dw, didnt read ur entire post =/

Luth

Lex Luthor!
Reaction score
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.