Multiple Multiboards ... or something

Luth

Lex Luthor!
Reaction score
This is for Go FiSH! 2, so if you've played GF1, it may shed some light on what I'm talking about.

So, what I have here is a need for two multiboards. One, a 2 wide x 1 tall to keep track of my clock and display: [ 4:20 am ][ Tournament ends in one day ] The other is a 4x8 to use as a graphical (using icons) fish finder.

Combining the two into one doesnt work. 2 wide is not long enough for the Finder, and the width of the cells isnt wide enough for the text on the four wide. (Widening them would make the Finder look really crap-tastic.)

Creating one multiboard destroys any already created and shown. Is it supposed to? Then whats the difference between "Show Multiboard" and "Show All Multiboards" if only one displays at a time?

Ideas, suggestions, and solutions welcome.

I've never really used Multiboards, so I have no idea. Maybe you can have a leaderboard up to show the time as well? If not, try using a timer window or something.

Leaderboard only shows whole numbers, and the closest to a whole number I have is "4:20 am", which, obvsiously, isnt a number.

A timer window would show a nice countdown timer with title, but I dont have any timers, and certainly wouldnt want the day-time to be counting down.

:/
I don't use any of them, I just knew they had windows :p

Why don't you just use the actual time of day sun dial thing? Just change the time speed to how you need.

Or you can do something like "hang up" a tournament poster on a fishing supply shack so players have to go and see, or they can buy a copy of the flyer or something :D

The two clocks are already identical, but the fact that its always onscreen makes people pay attention to it. Plus, the text changes and sends little alerts throughout the fishing day.

Clock has that ugly 00:00:00 if there's no timer associated with it.

Whats the difference between "Show Multiboard" and "Show All Multiboards" if only one displays at a time? Is it really impossible to have two multiboards?

Well, you could use multiboard array variables and let the player to navigate between these 2 ...(or more) multiboards.

Thats exactly what I've been implementing for the last 30 mins. :) I'm glad that we can arrive at the same solutions. :cool:

Luth said:
Thats exactly what I've been implementing for the last 30 mins. :) I'm glad that we can arrive at the same solutions. :cool:

Lolz... hillarious.

Edit: dw, didnt read ur entire post =/

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    News portal has been retired. Main page of site goes to Headline News forum now
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am working on getting access to the old news portal under a different URL for those that would rather use that for news before we get a different news view.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Easily done
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    https://www.thehelper.net/pages/news/ is a link to the old news portal - i will integrate it into the interface somewhere when i figure it out
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Need to try something
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hopefully this won't cause problems.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hmm
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I have converted the Headline News forum to an Article type forum. It will now show the top 20 threads with more detail of each thread.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    See how we like that.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do not see a way to go past the 1st page of posts on the forum though
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is OK though for the main page to open up on the forum in the view it was before. As long as the portal has its own URL so it can be viewed that way I do want to try it as a regular forum view for a while
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is with the pagination.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    It SHOULD be there so I think it might just be an artifact of having an older style.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I switched it to a "Standard" article forum. This will show the thread list like normal, but the threads themselves will have the first post set up above the rest of the "comments"
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I don't really get that article forum but I think it is because I have never really seen it used on a multi post thread
  • Ghan Ghan:
    RpNation makes more use of it right now as an example: https://www.rpnation.com/news/
  • The Helper The Helper:
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What do you think Tom?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I will have to get used to this.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    The latest news feed looks good

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.