multiple weapons

Dan

The New Helper.Net gives me great Anxiety... o.O;;
Reaction score
is there a way (that anyone knows) to make a unit have two of the same weapon. "add weapon" action will only add if a unit doesn't have that weapon already. For mellee purposes this makes sense, but there are some applications that I can think of that I would like to have multiple of the same weapon on a unit and possible to fire both simultaneously. are there some gameplay fields that can be tampered or the such?

Arkless

Reaction score
That's a problem I couldn't fix either. I moved to using bunkered units which are not displayed and cannot be unloaded (using the unit which needs the weapons as bunker).

You can specify where they shoot from and you can change the "weapons" ingame without any problems.

Dan

Reaction score
hmmm. I need the units then to be able to fire from the same angle as the unit is facing.

obviously I could just make a second weapon that is identical to the first... but that's not a fun fix with the data editor these days.

I wish there was a "set weapon properties" function. o_O

Reaction score
Could you be very specific as why do you need two weapons to be identical?
I ask because reasons like "want to see more bullets flying around" can be addressed with another workaround.

Dan

Reaction score
in any case, the weapon object in the data editor is pretty nifty but has too many obvious limitations.

a simple (set weapon property -> period) would help out on a lot of maps.

Dan

Reaction score
interesting. but yes, again limited. =(

United

Reaction score
Making an identical second weapon and adding it your unit doesn't work quite right either. Only one weapon seems to be able to attack at once. Or one weapon per target, at least. Turning your unit into a bunker could solve the problem... not an easy solution though.

Dan

Reaction score
for my application bunker probably won't cut it. I'm trying to attach weapons with different angles of fire. For example, one weapon that can only be fired from the right side of the unit and one weapon that can only be fired from the back... etc. This can be accomplished VERY easily with a weapon that is fixed via a turret. unfortunately you can not attach multiple of the same weapon via this method, so I would have to make duplicates (which would be ridiculous in the scope of my project).

Dan

Reaction score
and I have come up with at least one conclusion: they should allow weapons to be capable of having "behaviors".

is it possible to trigger additional effects to a weapon already made?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.