Multishoot triggered

Reaction score
Hello guys wondering if there was a way for give an autocast arrow to use multishoot? something like frozen arrow than if autocast it gives multishoot to the hero or,something like a chance of multishoot by giving the hero ability for certain seconds or sort of it.

inevit4ble

Reaction score
I can suggest 2 options as I cannot see an normal ability being able to do this.

1) You can have the "multishoot" ability add an orb effect to the attacking unit so you would be able to switch the unit's attack between attack 1 & 2. Having attack 1 as the normal attack and attack 2 having the field "Maxium targets allowed" increased to what ever number.

2) Use a dummy unit to attack additional targets. so "Unit is Attacked", check that the ability is "turned on" or being used. then create dummy and order to attack random unit in group of units in range with attacked unit removed from group.

Reaction score
1) You can have the "multishoot" ability add an orb effect to the attacking unit so you would be able to switch the unit's attack between attack 1 & 2. Having attack 1 as the normal attack and attack 2 having the field "Maxium targets allowed" increased to what ever number.
But the multishoot ability has 5 levels so i think its not possible to do this

inevit4ble

Reaction score
ye. you would check for the order string.

But this is theoretical, I haven't done this before

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
you could create 2 multishot abilities and when the autocast is activated remove the first and give the unit the latter, or just enable/disable them and always keep the rank the same

another way i could think of is by using the engineering upgrade ability, its in neutral heroes, allows the change of effects and tooltips of abilities, adding and removing it switches them back and forth, this effect does not work when put on items though (unless triggered to be added and removed)

Enki

Reaction score
You can use barrage imho. Use disabled spellbooks and a trigger to add and remove the barrage from your unit in the game. Make two spellbooks with same "base order id" Change the data fields of "barrage" as you need to and add it into one of your spellbooks. Add the other spellbook to your unit. Now you need a trigger which collides them. Something like this should work(hopefully :rolleyes: ).

Code:
MultiShot
    Events
        Unit - A unit Is issued an order with no target
    Conditions
        (Level of Multi-Shot  for (Triggering unit)) Greater than 0
    Actions
        Set Multi_Shot_Caster = (Triggering unit)
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (Issued order) Equal to (Order(immolation))
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Add spellbook (withbarrage) to Multi_Shot_Caster
                Trigger - Add to MutliShot DisabledMana <gen> the event (Unit - (Triggering unit)'s mana becomes Less than (something you want))
            Else - Actions
                If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                    If - Conditions
                        (Issued order) Equal to (Order(unimmolation))
                    Then - Actions
                        Unit - Remove spellbook (withbarrage) from Multi_Shot_Caster
                    Else - Actions

This trigger will order the unit to unimmolate when its mana depleates
Code:
MutliShot DisMana
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Night Elf Demon Hunter - Deactivate Immolation

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.