Murder at the Mansion

If you've played Murder at the Mansion, did you think it was...

• Total voters

Tonks

Reaction score
How many of you have played my map, Murder at the Mansion, and thought it was...

I'm taking this poll to see if I should continue my expansion of the Murder genre; Murder at the Small Lake.

Thanks for your time, please post a response when you vote :)

Mahucharn

I wear a fez now, fezzes are cool.
Reaction score
I have never played it, sounds boring, stupid, and yet somehow addicting :D

Tonks

Reaction score
Well apparently some people can't read...
"Please post a reply when you vote"

*Cough massinfantry* :rolleyes:

WastedSavior

A day without sunshine is like, well, night.
Reaction score
you intend to make an expansion right? not just a "remake"
cuz im sorta sick of people remaking games, if you say expansion it should be better, not just the same old game with different terrain

Tonks

Reaction score
WastedSavior said:
you intend to make an expansion right? not just a "remake"
cuz im sorta sick of people remaking games, if you say expansion it should be better, not just the same old game with different terrain
If I were just going to remake it, I would have said "Remake" :p
Yes, it will be a lot different, with more features and such. It will be the same genre, which is admittedly limited.

Tonks

Reaction score
Seth said:
Have you uploaded it to our map page? :)

http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/maps.php

Might help you promote your current version around a bit. Then hopefully people leave you comments to help you define your expansion.
No, I haven't. I'll do that in a few mintutes. :)
Currently the expansion (Murder at the Small lake) is about 3/4ths done, but I'm running out of ideas and losing inspiration. I just want to know if people think it's really worth it for me to finish it, if anyone will play it.
EDIT:
Murder at the Mansion has been uploaded to the maps page. Hopefully it will get approved soon. :)

WastedSavior

Reaction score
Tonks said:
No, I haven't. I'll do that in a few mintutes. :)
Currently the expansion (Murder at the Small lake) is about 3/4ths done, but I'm running out of ideas and losing inspiration. I just want to know if people think it's really worth it for me to finish it, if anyone will play it.

if your 3/4 done you might as well go all the way, no regrets man, get it done and around, spent way too much time to back out now

Tonks

Reaction score
WastedSavior said:
if your 3/4 done you might as well go all the way, no regrets man, get it done and around, spent way too much time to back out now
Well, I'm limited on time and I'm eager to start my next project. (Risk: The Boardgame)
All the stuff that needs doing is very easy but very time-consuming.
Why continue a strenuous task if noone will appreciate it? :eek:

WastedSavior

Reaction score
i see, well you could always switch between the 2 maps, i find it hard to work on just one map, i have 3 projects in the running atm, so i dont get bored of one and stop all together

Tonks

Reaction score
I see what ya mean, maybe I'll just work on it when I feel like it. I still want you guys to vote, though!

Arcane

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Well apparently some people can't read...
"Please post a reply when you vote"

*Cough massinfantry*

Hm... I'm not really sure, but based on the ones I've played before, it's really boring - you just run around and hope the invisible killer isn't after you.

Tonks

Reaction score
massinfantry said:
Hm... I'm not really sure, but based on the ones I've played before, it's really boring - you just run around and hope the invisible killer isn't after you.
Essentially the point is to find the secrets. Most people do find killer more fun, but if you know what you're doing victim can be a lot of fun too. Try opening the maps in World editor and looking at the secrets and stuff, it'll make it more interesting.

Tonks

Reaction score
Guys.. Please post a reply when you vote, otherwise I won't know what things you liked or disliked.. ;)

WastedSavior

Reaction score
i really liked finding hidden things, but it pissed me off that i had to beg people to help me.. you should leave "hints" little puzzles or something, so its easier, but not too easy, to find the easter eggs

i hated how the killer was some unstoppable unseen killing force, if he got it in his head he wanted to kill me.. i was pretty much dead.. i dunno how you could fix that, its not "that" bad cuz sometimes you can slip away just my thoughts

Tonks

Reaction score
WastedSavior said:
i really liked finding hidden things, but it pissed me off that i had to beg people to help me.. you should leave "hints" little puzzles or something, so its easier, but not too easy, to find the easter eggs

i hated how the killer was some unstoppable unseen killing force, if he got it in his head he wanted to kill me.. i was pretty much dead.. i dunno how you could fix that, its not "that" bad cuz sometimes you can slip away just my thoughts
Thanks for the feedback :)
By the way, the map is an open source, so you can open it in World editor

The expansion will have a far better, very detailed help system.
Yea, it's hard to make the secrets that perfect not-too-obvious-but-not-too-hard.
Any ideas on how I could make them a bit easier, but not too easy, would be very welcome.

In the expansion, there are different modes:

Manhunt- All the victims gang up to kill the killer, but the killer's victim can also backstab the other victims.

Classic- Classic Murder Mystery, just like Murder at the Mansion

Crazy- Everyone moves extra-fast, and the pigs will attack victims for a 3-hit-kill. If you stop moving for 15 seconds, you either get moved to a random spot, killed, or made giant and slow. (Random chance for those).

There are also different settings:

Bonus Balls- Blue balls appear randomly around the map. If a victim runs into one:
A- The killer's position is revealed to him,
B- He can attack the killer, disabling him for 15 seconds. When the victim attacks the killer, he gets turned back to normal and teleported to a random spot on the map,
C- He turns into a big blue guy that only moves slightly faster than the killer.

Walker- Killer is a ground unit with increased speed

Flyer- Killer is an air unit with decreased speed [Not available with Manhunt Mode]

Sounds- Disable / enable the sounds. Sounds include things from various cartoons [Homer: Doh! Woohoo! Awww Crap!] and more.

Boats- Disable / enable boats. Boats allow you to enter / exit the lake at the docks. If you go into Deep Water you get swamped, and if you stop moving for 15 seconds you get swamped.

Time- Set the length of the game (by minutes, can be no less than the standard time for amount of players).

Any more ideas would be greatly appreciated. :)

WastedSavior

Reaction score
you could always have sublte things like, in a library if theres a bookcase that you can walk through, when they enter the library they get a message that says something like "You feel a gust of air coming from the bookshelves"

Tonks

Reaction score
WastedSavior said:
you could always have sublte things like, in a library if theres a bookcase that you can walk through, when they enter the library they get a message that says something like "You feel a gust of air coming from the bookshelves"
Clever :)
I think I could employ that on most of the secrets.
"The snow on these trees must mean something." lol :D

Also, could anyone with a microphone record some .wav files of:
- "I smell death on you." (whispery, sinister voice)
- "ELIMINATED!" (Loud announcer-type voice)
- and an evil laugh

That'd be wonderful, if someone could :)

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Tonks said:
Yay! Murder at the mansion got approved for the maps page :) (That was quick.)

The Admin's are pretty quick on that :) I wish you luck with getting some downloads and better yet, comments :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.