Music as Medicine

Status
Not open for further replies.

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I do too (see second picture in 'The next time you have a bad day')

But one is not enough. Bad person? Naw. Just a very healthy male!

I used to be the same way. I didn't like people much either, and a bit of paranoia.

But I never got to party, go out, and have that much fun. I felt 'left behind' from all the others. And when you do that, sometimes, you end up doing it when your older (which is, much more legal of course!)

I got tired of feeling pressured all the time and nervous around people. Its easy when you go out with your freinds and in groups - your not alone at all. How long could one person live like that? Forever? Are you missing out on life?

We got booty we couldn't GIVE away. Nicole and I love to play cupid; she has a lot of hot freinds. We hooked our one freind up THREE times. And three times, he blew it. Doh!

Yeah, I come home with some dramatic crazy story every weekend. But I lived it. And its great to talk about. Hell, most of its funny. Like the womans whole family getting arrested over a fight, where some broads came to her house looking for her. Or the pictures of me chuggin' a pitcher of beer. Doh!

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
One of these days we need to hook up SD - do a little partying. Seems we have that little something in common though in my advanced years (36) I don't seem to get in that much trouble anymore - but still have fun :D

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
I guess we're just different people then. :p No offense, or anything, just an opinion. Personally, huge groups of people make me more uncomfortable then just a few. I have my friends I hang out with and...Well, we have our fun, let's leave it at that! :D Though, lately I haven't spoken to them... Sadness :( But I'll live. Besides, it's hard to get so many screwed up kids together for long! :D

Alexander
Missin' the old days...

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Now I was not talking about hanging around huge groups of people - just a couple of buds slamming a few pitchers, shooting some pool or whatever. I don't exactly like a huge crowd of strangers but it is not a fear of mine - my personal fear is confrontation - which does not really carry over to the internet mind you - but in RL I am the most non-confrontational person you will ever meet.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
WRONG.

My dad's the most non-confrontial person you will EVER meet.

Is it just me, or does having a wife and kids scar a man for life? :p

DM Cross

Reaction score
XXconanXXX said:
Is it just me, or does having a wife and kids scar a man for life? :p

Ow, I just broke a rib laughing! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, no idea! :D Thank you for that, Con!

Actually, pool + beer + my friends = a good time, especially since we can do that all at my house! :D I have a pool table in the basement (aka, my apartment, lol...My room's down there, too) and well...My sister can get the beer! :D

Aw, now I want to invite friends...

Alexander
Wishful thinking

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I've been hyped on 'Last Resort' and 'Getting Away with Murder'.

I am extremely good at pool too. I have three stix; two of them are CueTex pro-sticks with fiberglass cues and graphite handles. I average about 4-6 balls on my first turn. I play tournament size tables.

I just can't play because I can't deal with social pressure. Everyone who is good at pool like to talk shit during the game, intimidate you, bluff you, rub-in missed shots, and sometimes, I really feel like they are going to start a fight. Some people bang there stick on the edge of the table. Then we all wonder why bar-sticks suck so bad.

Some people will do anything to win. Even acuse you of breaking rules or bumping another ball you didn't. Then theres big confrontation if you don't back down and hand over your turn.

This makes me choke - I can't play well at all. And they know it; thats why they do it. Its bullshit. In the world championships, they don't talk except for time-outs.

Some people are good at doing it but not showing it. Like saying, 'I'll try this ball' on EVERY shot. We know your good. And you gonna tell me 'I'll try this?' Don't try anything - just take your stupid turn. I HATE it when people say that every shot.

I even get nervous playing freinds the first few times; I feel like my whole reputation is on the line. Because when you lose, audiences make comments, and people rub it in your face. I get super nervous all the time, can't shoot. I even get nervous with my sisters hubby; I don't know why.

I am FINALLY comfortable with playing my little bro - he is very good, but no more nervousness. I know who the man is :) <---

BrokenX

Reaction score
lol pool is fun yeah, how do you like your stix also? I hear those new cuetex pro-stix are really good...?

BrokenX

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
We like them alot (include nicole) Super acurate, precise, good hit.

The only thing is break; I can't get the power out of the fiberglass tip that I can with a wooden two peice. It just doesn't do it.

Yes, I break with my two peice. I am a firm beleiever, I spent 200 bucks on it, I WILL USE IT. Thats why I bought it. Especially the cutex; it has a stainless center instead of brass - it can handle a hit :)

If it breaks or bends, I'll buy another. :D

Just make sure its nice n tight to support it for impact. Being not-so-tight on the break can damage them.

BrokenX

Reaction score
Yeah, people don't realize sometimes how much strategy is involved in pool, its really a good game. I'm not sure if its a sport? I see it on t.v. sometimes so im not sure :).

BrokenX

1JadedJen

Send Lawyers, Guns and Money
Reaction score
Ryoko you KNOW you no have to worry bout my hubby. You play wayyyyy more than him so you know you gonna kick his butt. And you know he not the type to laugh if you miss a shot....unless you make joke and laugh first LOL But no mean cruel chuckles. I think is cause we live so far, you no get lots of chances to hang out with us and see is all coo.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Ryoko, you have to come play pool at my place! :D My dad doesn't even let people TOUCH his pool stick :p Me? I'm good, I have a lot of spare time so I wind up playing for practice. My sister plays a lot when she's over, usually against me...We don't get all hyped up on rules or winning, we just play to have something to do together, as rare as that occasion is. Personally, I used to do my best to avoid my dad, but we've been getting along recently. (If your curious about that, you can look at my "homepage" thing...It's one of those online blog things, called a Xanga...Dont' ask, all my friends made me get it...) But I haven't played in a long long time...Until last night! :D I was up at 3 in the morning, bored out of my mind, so I got out of bed, closed the door to upstairs and just shot some pool for awhile. Meh, I need practice -.-

Lol, anyone forget this is a music thread? Well, in a (probably vain) attempt to bring the topic back to hand: Do you listen to music while you're playing? I do, helps me relax more...Typically lighter music, 3 Doors Down is alright for pool...Slipknot would be a little out of place, don't you think?

Alexander
Hmm, is the pool table calling me? Or am I insane?

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.