My Guilds 1st Raid

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
Yup. Just over 1 Week ago I started a Guild on Illidan called <Oceanic>. In 1 week we got around 20 level 60 players and over 50 members. Tonight was our 1st ZG and it was a complete success with us downing Snake Boss, Bat Boss, Bloodlord and getting Spider to around 20%.

As guild master/raid leader it was a great experience and I couldnt be happier with the result. I didnt get any loot personally but i'm happy enough with result.

http://www.wowceanic.com/forums/eqdkp/viewnews.php?s=

(Yes this post has no point)

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
lol, I think I remembered my first raid, it was totally awesome :D

And I think that almost every thread has a point. You just got to.. hmm.. Find it.

And I started to play WoW some days ago, me and my friend is sharing my account and he's paying, So I am playing free <3. Unfourtounly I lost my access to the higher lvl guilds since my big break so I am trying to join an smaller guild which is doing MC/ZG/AQ. :D But i'm still kinda angry they hasnt answered my appliaction :cool:

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
Cornface said:
lol, I think I remembered my first raid, it was totally awesome :D

Lol, not MY 1st Raid, my GUILDS 1st raid. I've raided plenty.

Oh and just this morning finally got to 1600g and got...

epixmount.jpg

Malice-

Endlessly Known
Reaction score
Grats husky to you and your guild.

It really is a good feeling. Starting a guild and bringing it to quick success.

I remember when I started my guild back in late april, early may. And now we've downed 4 naxx bosses. We have about 80 members, but its pretty cool seeing a constant 25 who have stuck with it from the very start and watching people improve as players and improve in gear. As long as you have a goal, you'll go far. My goal was to start a guild from scratch and take the number 1 spot on a mature server. So far we're tied for number 2 :)

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
being the guild leader of a huge guild must be more work than just "play". Doesn't it ?

My guild leader is like...Really busy and have been forced to choose members to help him being a leader :p (not officers, higher-ranked people)

Malice-

Endlessly Known
Reaction score
Daxtreme said:
being the guild leader of a huge guild must be more work than just "play". Doesn't it ?

My guild leader is like...Really busy and have been forced to choose members to help him being a leader :p (not officers, higher-ranked people)

Yes, definately. It really is a job, a full time job, to manage a guild of 100+ people. (only reason mine is so big is because we run two raid groups, one for MC, and one for Progression)

To be honest, sometimes I dont look forward to logging on... I'd much rather play dota or some other custom game in wc3 half the time :p But its an obligation.

The rewards in the end are big though, for a leader. When you see the guild you created is affecting that many peoples game experience, it's pretty cool and makes you pretty proud. Watching your members become better players, get better gear. It can be fun at times :rolleyes:

C

Caras

Guilds 1st riad eh? Hehe congrats, hopes there many more to come. :)

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
Malice- said:
Yes, definately. It really is a job, a full time job, to manage a guild of 100+ people. (only reason mine is so big is because we run two raid groups, one for MC, and one for Progression)

To be honest, sometimes I dont look forward to logging on... I'd much rather play dota or some other custom game in wc3 half the time :p But its an obligation.

The rewards in the end are big though, for a leader. When you see the guild you created is affecting that many peoples game experience, it's pretty cool and makes you pretty proud. Watching your members become better players, get better gear. It can be fun at times :rolleyes:

So far mine hasnt got that bad (not wanting to log in). Currently my guilds at about 90 members, around 50 level 60s. Sometimes it can get very annoying with some members. You dont wanna get on their bad side but you have to.

Illidan loves to PuG MC/Ony/AQ20 and ZG. Almost one going everyday, and Guildies seem to love to join them (they dont understand that you get locked in).

So far Ony and MC i'm okay with... But when I see guildies in AQ20 or ZG it makes mah blood boil. But to stop that i've out a -DKP on people who are caught without an excuse lol.

But Todays ZG was pretty good for me. After battling it out with the Rogues I got my hands on...

ThekalClaw.jpg

And my guild...

Guildpic.jpg

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
Ever since I started this guild stuffs been going great :). Last night we almost cleared 6 bosses in ZG in one run (not bad considering most of us are undergeared), we got 5, almost 6.

Also got my Tier 2 Helm, Epic Chestpiece to replace my shit green one and epic belt hopefully today (just need some more Zalander rep).

But we just got our first Guild blow today :(. One of members quit WoW but a friend purswaded (sp?) him to come back in. When he came back my friend and him both became Officers of my guild. We all used to be in the same Guild together. Now just today, those 2 Officers and some other members quit our guild and reformed our old one. So we lost 2 key members (both with some of the highest DKP) today and more will follow. It feels like ive been stabbed in the back ><.

It is annoying because there's only a limited amount of Oceanic players on a US server and many are happy with their current guilds (well, they dont wanna leave) so it's hard getting numbers.

But i'll stick at it and see what happens :). We sheculded our 1st MC for next week so if all goes well, ill be happy. Sorry for bringing personal issues to the Forums :p !

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lol.

Those things happen sometimes -_-

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.