My map auto-kicks other players

saickododge

Reaction score
Well... I have a problem with that my map is kicking other players when they try to join it.

I was trying to play my map with 2 computers to check if everything worked as it should, but when i tried to join with my other computer, he gets kicked. Anyone got a clue of how to fix this?

Thanks.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Yes, I do: YOU CAN'T HOST. Get a real IP and evrything shloud be fine ;)

saickododge

Reaction score
ok.. i got that problem as well but thats on battle.net
im talking about local area network. the map i made is the only one that doesnt work

Zurtrogx

Reaction score
I believe this may be the wrong forum for your question, but anyway:
Do they get kicked in-game?
Or when in the lobby (before the game has started)?

If they get kicked in the lobby:
It may be your firewall or router.
If it is the router, try going here to port forward.
First, select your router type, then the game (which is Warcraft III). Follow the steps. If you've done it properly, then you should be able to host on battle.net, and it may also prevent people from being kicked once they've joined.
If it is the firewall, then allow the ports 6112-6119, and allow the program war3.exe

If they get kicked in-game:
I don't know. Check your triggers.

kingkingyyk3

Visitor (Welcome to the Jungle, Baby!)
Reaction score
If they get kicked in game and you trigger dun not have problem. Then i believe your map have desync problem.

saickododge

Reaction score
Thanks. And yes, they do get kicked in the lobby. But... It does only happen on MY MAP. If I host DotA, ele TD or w/e they can join.

Zurtrogx

Reaction score
That seems quite strange if they only get kicked out in YOUR map.

Just a thought (although it may not work), try importing everything from your map over into another blank map then save that blank one (which now has everything of your map; so the two are exactly the same).
Then, try hosting the new one. It may work.

Zurtrogx

Reaction score
Have both maps open in the World Editor.
In order to swap between maps, go to 'Window' and down the bottom you should see all the maps that are open. Select the one you want to edit.

First, you need to copy all the data from the object editor. To do this, open the object editor, and go to 'File'=>'Export All Object Data...', then save it somewhere. Then, on the blank map, go to 'File'=>'Import All Object Data...' and select the file you just saved.

Now, you need to copy the terrain. Select the terrain and copy it (Ctrl+C), then open the blank map (don't close the World Editor) and paste it (Crtrl+V) into the blank map.
Do the same for doodads and units that are on the map.
Remember, in order to copy the terrain, you must have the Terrain Palette open, and in order to copy units you must have the Unit Palette Open, and Doodad Palette for doodads.

Last is triggers. Open the trigger editor and go to 'File'=>'Export Triggers...' and save it somehwere. Then, on the blakn map, go to 'File'=>'Import All Object Data...' and select the file you just saved.

And that should be it.

SwedishChef

Reaction score
if you use WEU (world editor unlimited) and optimize the map with vextorians optimizer or widgetizer (cant emeber which) that may cause those bugs, so read his guide

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.