Sci/Tech Mysterious glowing aurora over Saturn confounds scientists

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
article-1085354-02742975000005DC-662_468x387.jpg

A stunning light display over Saturn has stumped scientists who say it behaves unlike any other planetary aurora known in our solar system.

The blueish-green glow was found over the ringed planet's north polar region just like Earth's northern lights.

It was discovered by the infrared instruments on NASA's Cassini spacecraft.

'We've never seen an aurora like this elsewhere,' said Tom Stallard, a scientist working with Cassini data at the University of Leicester.

Last edited:

Gev

Reaction score
I dont remember Saturn have atmosphera or no but it must be the smae thing like in Earth northern lights'es effect.As Saturn is gas gigant there is meny materials in planets components so mabe its the gas that have blue color. Mabe its comes from deeps of core of planet.Come on guys lets talk about this i love astronomy :)

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
There is now evidence that aliens are truly creating nuclear weapons on Saturn. America should intervene immediately and invade Saturn!

Dr.Jack

That's Cap'n to you!
Reaction score
It seems like some think there is a chance of life in this planet, or rather, a slim chance. This discovery is truly amazing.

Jolly chap*

Reaction score
That's a really cool picture there. Now I've got a really good idea! Saturn Aura - Gives nearby scientists headaches by sapping their Intelligence away 1 point per second.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.