Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
hi,
I'm just doing an evil hero for a contest and I'm running out of ideas :(
I need 2 spell ideas. Both activ cast. Not ultimates
The hero currently has 2 spells:

Demonic Storm (ultimate):
every 0.5 seconds a demonic lighting hits a random enemy unit within 800 range and bounces to nearby enemy units dealing same damage.

Demonic Restistence:
gives a % magic resistance. Whenever a nearby enemy unit casts a spell the unit will be shocked by demonic magic.

oh, and I need a better name for Demonic Resistence. It doesn't really fit in.

Thanks in advanced

EDIT:
I GOT ALL SPELL IDEAS. BUT STILL FEEL FREE TO POST SUGGESTIONS.
All spells are here:

Demonic Storm (ultimate):
every 0.5 seconds a demonic lighting hits a random enemy unit within 800 range and bounces to nearby enemy units dealing same damage.

Viel of Darkness: (passiv)
gives a % magic resistance. Whenever a nearby enemy unit casts a spell the unit will be shocked by demonic magic. (maybe will be added: deals small damage to silenced units near the caster)

Haunt:
Sends a pack of ghosts to haunt the target. These slow the target. If target is alone (no ally within XXX range) the ghost will attack and deal damage.

Mark of Evil:
Marks the target using his evil magic. Every allied unit around the marked unit takes damage each second and is silenced so it can't cast spells.

Larcenist

REP: Respect, Envy, Prosperity?
Reaction score
Basically anything that looks evil and that is an active cast spell? Should it be single spell spells, or can it be a spell with dual functions? (You put a skill in the spell and get another skill too, in example one spell charges the other one releases dealing damage depending on how much you charged)

Edit:
Is the contest based on eye-candy or the level of the triggers?

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
Basically anything that looks evil and that is an active cast spell?
yes

Should it be single spell spells, or can it be a spell with dual functions? (You put a skill in the spell and get another skill too, in example one spell charges the other one releases dealing damage depending on how much you charged)
Depends a little. The spell has to be MUI. And I can only use locals to do this. So I think something with charge wont work.
(I can't use a MUI system because all coding has to be done by me)
Edit:
Is the contest based on eye-candy or the level of the triggers?

I don't know but the triggering is based more on triggering then on eye candy.

You could use my Black Arrow spell (just change the projectile to Death Coil or something ^^). For some reason, I cant copy-paste stuff right now so you will have to find the thread yourself (its in Tutorials, Spells and Trigger Code > Spells, about 10 threads down)
oO It's for a contest. I have to do the coding myself :<

thanks for replys.

FroznYoghurt

Reaction score
Names:
Demonic Resistance -> Arcanic Retiliance / Dark Presence / Veil of Darkness / Aura of Darkness / Dark Armor

Spells:
Haunt -
Rallys a pack of mailicous ghost around a target unit,the ghosts circle around the target periodicly fading out off and into invisiblity.
Lowers targets move and atack speed. If the target is left alone (no allies within 1000) or get's below 20% the ghost will attack it ruthlessly.

Necrotic Denial ( <- may need a better name)
Can only be used when below 50%
Increases attack and movement speed by X% but increases damage taken by a large amount ( 200~400% ) .However, if he dies while the effect is active he will ressurect with (amount hp on activate + ~100/150/0200) and will damage X% of damaged received while active + 75/125/185 aoe and reanimate all nearby corpses.

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
Necrotic Denial --> Daredevil

Because he's evil, so he's a devil.
Because he dares/challenges his enemies to damage him (taking logic if anyone sees a unit activates an ability that increases damage taken)

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
I will use 'haunt' if I don't get any better idea. However I still need a last ability.

Sil3nt

SUP?
Reaction score
Essence Drain
Based off immolation? Channeling spell
When activated <hero> drains the life essence from within the Earth. Whilst draining the essence <hero> will have 10 times hp/mana regeneration until there is nothing more to drain (change terrain to blight? around 300 aoe where <hero> is standing). Takes # seconds for fully draning a spot.

Does nothing if casted on lifeless terrain (blight). Lifeless terrain slow regenerates and replenishes itself in <random inter> minutes

Stigoz

Reaction score
What about:

Mark of Evil
Marks an enemy target with a demonic taint, that each 10 second deals damage to friendly units around him. This would be really evil if the enemy is attacking with large amounts of units at one time. The bearer of the mark should not take damage (in my opinion)

Would be even cooler combined with "Haunt", so he's good against both single targets, and amassed targets, making him a bit more versatile.

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
well, essence drain I can't do since it should be MUI... but maybe I do some fire spell and at the end the terrain gets blight.

>mark of evil
cool idea, great synergy with haunt, but...
it's exactly the same as lightning shield. And all spells must be triggered for the contest. It needs some side effect... I know what :) I'll silence all units around the marked target AND deal the damage. And for the 'haunt' spell I will add silence if you are attacked by the ghosts :D

Got all ideas :D MUAHAHAHAHAHA

however, if you have a really good idea still post it :)

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
(adapted from waaaks!'s idea, so credits goes to him)
(I hope it's okay to use his idea without telling him)

<I don't know a good name>
Just Another Curse
Puts a curse on units within target area. Cursed units will start attacking their nearest available allied units with % extra damage and % extra attack speed.
Lasts X seconds.

Extra movement speed could be good too.
This ability targets an area (like Flame Strike) and affects enemy units within the area.
May or may not affect Heroes.
Oh yeah.
The affected units are uncontrollable (automatically dis-selects itself when selected) until the effects wear off.
Wanna make it more evil? Make it un-Dispel-able (buffless) (however, without Buffs this is hard to make)
So I don't recommend it.

Sorry waaaks! :p

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
It's not bad but I won't use it for a few reasons:
1. haunt and dark mark I want to keep. perfect synergy <3
2. Ultimate is allready completed and I'm too lazy to redo it :>
3. There must be at least one passiv spell for the contest.
4. I have no idea how to do this MUI
(5. there must be 4 spells in the contest)

thanks anyway :)

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
Oh boy, i love making up things...hmmm....(no, these arent isent serious:D)

Tickle-Eye Curse (channeling spell)
"name of hero" channels negative energy from his eyes into the eyes of the target unit, causing it to laugh. Every unit withing X range of the laughing unit is forced to laugh too. Every unit withing X range of that unit is forced to laugh too, etc. Laughing units are unable to attack and have a greatly reduced movement speed.
Lasts X seconds.

Attribute Animation (can only be used on heroes)
"name of hero" tears the target's soul apart using evil magic. This causes X strength, X agility, and X intelligence to fall off the target's soul and deals X damage. "name of hero" animates these attributes and orders them to attack their formal owner.
The attributes return to their formal owner when they die.
Animated attributes live for X seconds.

I know my english sucks, but thats not the point isent it?

I was picturing colored elementals as animated attributes.
Like a red elemental for strength, green for agility, and blue for intelligence.
The red one has much hp, the green one deal a lot of damage, and the blue one fires magic bolts from a distance. Ofcourse they can be made any way you like it.

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
Funny :D But not really working with an evil hero :)

Not evil?:D You've ever been tickled for a long, long time? Its killing you....
Anyway, i get ur point. But yuo can call it something like afflicted scream, and say the scream instead of laugh. Would that be more evil?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.