need an original idea for AA tower

LightChaosma

Reaction score
with idea, i dont mean model, prijectile or so, i mean an original way to attack.
myself was thinking of a flak cannon... this one would merely have splash, thats about it...

i'm looking for suggestions that are:
- serius, so not like >> KABOOOOM whole maps explodes
- original, not plain splash or bounce.
- dont include cold / slow
- the tower must be slightly overpowered, and dont have a low ROF

the following tower will be placed on multiple places, so in case of triggering necesary, yóu'd have to make it, cause i cant do MUI... pretty good at GUI thou...

good ideas +rep

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
how about:
Code:
[B]Virus Tower:[/B]
-Damage: 0
-Speed: very slow
-Effect: casts parasit on air units when attacking, parasit deals X amount of damage per second, if the air unit dies with the parasit buff it will explode and damage nearby units
Code:
[B]Phoenix Tower:[/B]
-Damage: high
-Speed: normal
-Effect: when an air unit get hit by the phoenix tower it will catch fire and damage all nearby enemys. (add permanent immolation to the target)

maybe i ll post more later...

Edit:
Code:
[B]Lightning Tower:[/B]
-Damage: good
-Speed: Very Fast
-Effect: Summons 30 lightning spheres around the tower (locust swarm) which attack air units very fast dealing average damage

Holla.

Reaction score
In maps that aren't super modern use a FLAK cannon that shoots an area like a shotgun. And the planes get damaged by how many bullets they get hit by. (Kinda like cluster rockets i guess?) But if its a rlly modern map use GTA homing missles. (LOL GTA, funny stuff, Ground to air btw.)

Also, a Electronics jammer: This tower fires a small jammer into an enemy plane causing its systems to stop working momentarily. (use some kind of a stun that looks like electricity)

LightChaosma

Reaction score
the last idea sounds nice, +rep

i forgot to mention that the tower needs to be "overpowered", and capable of killing say 20 units within 30 seconds.

will update first post.

Holla.

Reaction score
Tactical AA laser tower?
Description: A tower that fires a small red laser beam into an oncoming aircraft, the beam penetrates right through the plane causing huge damage.

Tell me what kind of map its for please, il gets lotsa ideas

LightChaosma

Reaction score
just a normal TD, it has no special theme or so, i got my inpiration from GREEN TD, altough lasers gets a bit to modern to fit into this:p
say its ordinary warcraft style.

i'll submit one of my own ideas too(so you dont have the same idea as this, and possible help an interested reader:D)

name: summoning tower
every 15 seconds it summons a platoon of archers and rifleman that last 10 seconds. the created units cannot be moved, and only attack air units. the units created are placed in random locations withing 1250 of the casting ower. (no MUI is needed)

Holla.

Reaction score
AH OK. lol IMMA CHARGIN MAH LAZOR.
Yes anyway, AVOIDING shoop da whoop, if its normal warcraft style, try a poisoning tower, a burning tower, a Tower that shoots (EDIT: waves not water.) water. ummm

Holla.

Reaction score
Well try the wave tower, OR maybe a.. ooh this is cool, try a spellcaster tower. A tower that has lots of autocast spells xD

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.