Need Help - Trigger Issues - Creating Units

liamthx

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've tried numerous amounts of times to make this trigger work.

I want the game to check if any of the players have a specific name, for example, when I'm playing, my name is rectumslushy so I want the game to detect that I'm playing, and summon me a different builder at the start, rather than the regular builder.

Similar to the system used in Vampirism Fire.

Any help would be great.

Thanks, Liam

Event:
- Map init
Conditions:
Actions:
Pick every player in (All players) and do
- If Name of (Picked player) equal to ... then
- - Unit - Create 1 Big-o-cheater for (Picked player) at <somewhere> facing Default
- Else
- - Unit - Create 1 Pathetic-Peon for (Picked player) at <somewhere> facing Default

Yeah I got that far.

But I need it for 3 different names.

And creating that trigger results in 3 basic builders for someone who doesn't have the special name

Just put another If/Then/Else in the "Else" of the first one.

Do that for each name, and then put the default builder at the end of the chain of if/then/elses.

Event
Time - Elapsed game time is 1.00 seconds

Conditions
((Picked player) slot status) Equal to Is playing

Action
Player Group - Pick every player in HumanGroup and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
If ((Name of (Triggering player)) Equal to NAME) then do (Unit - Create 1 specialunit for (Picked player) at (Player 1 (Red) start location) facing Default building facing degrees) else do (Unit - Create 1 Male Builder for (Picked player) at (Player 1 (Red) start location) facing Default building facing degrees)

That's what I've got atm.

Well, that condition is not working. You do not have any picked players there...

There's also no reason to run this 1 second into the game, map init will do.

And, the single line "if" doesn't work with this, unless you want a huge line of "name equal to this OR name equal to that OR name ...".

If
- Or - Multiple
- - Name of (Picked player) equal to ...
- - Name of (Picked player) equal to ...
Then
- special
Else
- Basic

Ok. Will try that.

But that trigger you have just said.

I have a special model
for each special name detected
so will that still work for that?

If Name equal to ...
- Unit - Create 1 special 1...
If Name equal to ...
- Unit - Create 1 special 2...
If Name equal to ...
- Unit - Create 1 special 3...
If
- Or - Multiple
- Name NOT EQUAL TO ...
- Name NOT EQUAL TO ...
- Name NOT EQUAL TO ...
Then
- Unit - Create 1 "normal"

Ok, Thanks.

I just tried this.
I think it's the same.

Event
Map initialization

Conditions

Action
If ((Name of (Triggering player)) Equal to rectumslushy) then do (Unit - Create 1 rectumslushy for (Triggering player) at (Player 1 (Red) start location) facing Default building facing degrees) else do (Do nothing)

If ((Name of (Triggering player)) Equal to fCuK]D.) then do (Unit - Create 1 fCuK]D. for (Triggering player) at (Player 1 (Red) start location) facing Default building facing degrees) else do (Do nothing)

If ((Name of (Triggering player)) Equal to analinfestation) then do (Unit - Create 1 analinfestation for (Triggering player) at (Player 1 (Red) start location) facing Default building facing degrees) else do (Do nothing)

If ((Name of (Triggering player)) Not equal to (rectumslushy + (analinfestation + fCuK]D.))) then do (Unit - Create 1 Male Builder for (Triggering player) at (Player 1 (Red) start location) facing Default building facing degrees) else do (Do nothing)

This didn't work though =\

The last if tests for some name that can't possibly exist.

Besides, "triggering player"? You don't have one.
Put that entire thing inside a "pick every player", and change it to "picked player".

Ok your idea worked.
The trigger now works.
There is only one last issue with it now.

This is what it currently is.

Event
Map initialization

Conditions

Action
Player Group - Pick every player in HumanGroup and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
If ((Name of (Picked player)) Equal to rectumslushy) then do (Unit - Create 1 rectumslushy for (Picked player) at (Player 1 (Red) start location) facing Default building facing degrees) else do (Do nothing)
If ((Name of (Picked player)) Equal to fCuK]D.) then do (Unit - Create 1 fCuK]D. for (Picked player) at (Player 1 (Red) start location) facing Default building facing degrees) else do (Do nothing)
If ((Name of (Picked player)) Equal to analinfestation) then do (Unit - Create 1 analinfestation for (Picked player) at (Player 1 (Red) start location) facing Default building facing degrees) else do (Do nothing)
If ((Name of (Picked player)) Not equal to (rectumslushy + (analinfestation + fCuK]D.))) then do (Unit - Create 1 Male Builder for (Picked player) at (Player 1 (Red) start location) facing Default building facing degrees) else do (Do nothing)

And this works, except when the special name is detected, both the male builder, and special builder are created.

Do you know how to only have the special builder be created when the name is detected?
Thanks

If ((Name of (Picked player)) Not equal to (rectumslushy) or ((Name of (Picked player)) Not equal to (analinfestation) or ((Name of (Picked player)) Not equal to fCuK]D.)) then do (Unit - Create 1 Male Builder for (Picked player) at (Player 1 (Red) start location) facing Default building facing degrees) else do (Do nothing)

Or - Condition

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    News portal has been retired. Main page of site goes to Headline News forum now
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am working on getting access to the old news portal under a different URL for those that would rather use that for news before we get a different news view.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Easily done
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    https://www.thehelper.net/pages/news/ is a link to the old news portal - i will integrate it into the interface somewhere when i figure it out
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Need to try something
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hopefully this won't cause problems.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hmm
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I have converted the Headline News forum to an Article type forum. It will now show the top 20 threads with more detail of each thread.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    See how we like that.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do not see a way to go past the 1st page of posts on the forum though
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is OK though for the main page to open up on the forum in the view it was before. As long as the portal has its own URL so it can be viewed that way I do want to try it as a regular forum view for a while
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is with the pagination.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    It SHOULD be there so I think it might just be an artifact of having an older style.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I switched it to a "Standard" article forum. This will show the thread list like normal, but the threads themselves will have the first post set up above the rest of the "comments"
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I don't really get that article forum but I think it is because I have never really seen it used on a multi post thread
  • Ghan Ghan:
    RpNation makes more use of it right now as an example: https://www.rpnation.com/news/
  • The Helper The Helper:
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What do you think Tom?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I will have to get used to this.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    The latest news feed looks good

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.