Need help with NewGen

Drabstar

Reaction score
Hello again fellow Helper friends.
I need help yet again

I just downloaded NEWGEN sence I got a new computer; it's windows vista and most pople said it works with NewGen so yyaayy

I can't seem to get it to work.
I get this message:

Code:
 [U]ongameload.dll error[/U]
[I]could not hack game.dll please post logs/ongameload.txt[/I]

It then gives me a "Warcraft III has stopped working"

I'm using Warcraft III Patch 1.22 - the new patch.
I don't need that Grimoire thing; don't even know what it does for that matter, so hopefully I don't need to do anything there.

Am I doing something wrong? Did I extract it right?
Don't know what I did, it worked fine on my other computer but I don't remeber what I did.

Thanks alot!

Weegee

Go Weegee!
Reaction score
Download the thing again and make a separate folder for it outside of the WCIII file. That should do it

Drabstar

Reaction score
I already made a folder outside of the Warcraft III Folder.
I tried redoing it by deleting the folders and re-downloading NewGen.

Now it gives me another problem, now it won't extract to a folder.
I make a folder outside of WCIII, Extract it - Than while it extract it gives me a Diagnostic problem and I check the folder and nothing it is in it.

I've tried 3 times and it failed to extract.

The only time it extract is when I just downloaded like 30 minutes ago and it doesn't want to work. Now I redo everything to get it to work and now it wont extract (Lol)

Any ideas...?
Seems like one problem turns into another problem haha

Weegee

Go Weegee!
Reaction score
Hmm if your sharing folders (other people have accounts) on your computer then move dl and set it up THERE lol and extract it into there account. If you dont well then I have no clue cuse that's how I did it

Drabstar

Reaction score
Ok, I got it to extract, took me a bit though.
Its in it's own folder I create myself
I click on the Icon and it comes up with the error that is in my first post.
I'm not sharing accounts, this my own personal computer and I'm the only one who uses it.

Maybe it has something to do with Patch 1.22? It says it works but I'm just throwing it out there

Maybe it's Vista being lame? Just because they say it works for MOST people doesn't mean it's always going to work.

Thanks for the help so far Dragon_Lance but no use so far.

woot

Reaction score
newgen doesn't work with 1.22

there is a workaround for it .. but that also has certain issues

personally I took my warcraft 3 folder and renamed it to "Warcraft 3 - new" then i installed warcraft 3 again and patched it to 1.21b .. newgen works fine

Knif3Point

Reaction score
newgen doesn't work with 1.22

there is a workaround for it .. but that also has certain issues

personally I took my warcraft 3 folder and renamed it to "Warcraft 3 - new" then i installed warcraft 3 again and patched it to 1.21b .. newgen works fine

i have the same problem that he has...
and u have to make 2 new wc3's? wtf ugh ugh

PureOwnage

Minecraft Server OP, Inactive.
Reaction score
Helped me. Should help you.
Go to http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/war3x/patches/pc/, scroll to bottom of the page
and download Warcraft TFT 1.22a standalone patch (Pick one which suits your game language settings).
http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/war3/patches/pc/ if you are using Warcraft RoC.

1. Click here to download standalone TFT English 1.22a patch directly.
1.1 Warcraft 3 RoC users click here to download RoC English 1.22a patch directly.

2. Download original Warcraft 3 game files which are needed to patch newer versions.
Nice filepack is available from www.strategyinformer.com
Backup these files:
Code:
frozen throne.exe
game.dll
storm.dll
war.exe
warcraft III.exe
world editor.exe
worldEdit.exe

3. Extract original game files to Warcraft 3 folder

4. Run standalone patch 1.22a and update game to latest version.

5. Run Warcraft TFT and access Battle.net and make sure firewall programs will not block updated Warcraft 3.

I got my Warcraft III 1.22a TFT working again like this, I'm not going to create maps (read: use JNGP*) until issues with new patch and JNGP* are resolved.

Then we got Mac users, I don't have Mac, good that I remembered to give links for Warcraft RoC users.

* JASS New Generation Pack

Alternative:

1. Go to https://www.blizzard.com/account*, create account. Navigate to 'add games' menu, insert your owned legal games CD-keys and you will be able to download them.

2. Install newly downloaded games and patch to latest version.

3. Run game.

* I hope link is valid because it gave some weird 'Apache Tomcat' requested resource error.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.