Need help with yet another spell.(Fear)

Roseblood

Reaction score
This time I am trying desperately to make a fear spell. Now I don't want a spell that makes the target unit just run around like a headless chicken, but exactly away from the unit. Make it move away about 10 warcraft meters and then just return to normal. Any chances to make one?? thx in advance.

BlueMirage

Trust, but doubt.
Reaction score
Don't double-post.

45 units of range is quite unnoticable too. 450 range is probably what you're looking for.

Well, you could pick all nearby enemy units and order them to move 450 units away from you.
A second trigger would redo the order if said feared unit tried to do an action a la Berserker's Call from DotA.

Roseblood

Reaction score
Yes, I could, but the question is, where I can find the trigger that orders the targeted unit to move away from the casting unit, all I found is targeting a unit/point/item/no target and I have found none of these usable

BlueMirage

Trust, but doubt.
Reaction score
You want "Targeting a point (Move to)".
Point with polar offset.

Point = Position of the unit getting feared (Picked unit)
Distance = 450
Angle = Math (Angle from (Triggering unit) to (Picked unit)

If you can't find this action yourself I could open up the WE and find it. It's not hard to find though.

Roseblood

Reaction score
y, I found it, and it works! Beautifully. Thank you mate, this skill is rather essential for my map to work, so you really saved me. +rep for your help

BlueMirage

Trust, but doubt.
Reaction score
Ah...
I had nothing to do, so in order to kill time, I went and made the first part of the spell.
Might as well post it.

Trigger:
  • Fear Movement
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Fear
    • Actions
      • Set TempPoint = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Set TempGroup = (Units within 300.00 of TempPoint matching ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to False) and (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True)))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in TempGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set TempPoint2 = (Position of (Picked unit))
          • Set TempPoint3 = (TempPoint2 offset by 450.00 towards (Angle from TempPoint to TempPoint2) degrees)
          • Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Move To TempPoint3
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_TempPoint2)
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_TempPoint3)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_TempPoint)
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_TempGroup)

Dirac

Reaction score
This might sound insane, but creating 6 dummies around 600 distance from the caster with a taunt based ability wont do the fear?

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
it might, probably will. just 1 is enough. however, im guessing he only wants the target unit to be feared, a massive taunt would get all nearby enemies

BlueMirage

Trust, but doubt.
Reaction score
Trigger:
  • He didn't he was only bumping the thread. It's been 6 days since he posted it, there is a 24 hour per thread bump.

I need to learn to read the forum rules more than once.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.