• Advanced

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Mixed

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
Well, I've begun my Underwater ORPG, currently named Saga of the Seas. Each hero goes up to level 50. Now, I can't decide on the 'style' of heroes:

Basic: The standard hero type. Still has basic attacks, has spells with many ranks as well as spellbooks with even more spells.

ex: think Angel Arena heroes, but with spellbooks.

Advanced: The not-so-standard way. No 'attack', instead heroes have a basic spell with a short cooldown for their attack.

ex: Let's say a hero is a magic and has a wand. There'll be a 'wand attack' based on Shockwave with a short cooldown, low damage, and a small radius.

Mixed: For spellcaster heroes use the Advanced version, and melee heroes use Basic.

Onnings

Reaction score
Personally, I like the 'Advanced' option best, rather than the 'Mixed' one. If, by following the post of the last guy, you use 'Mixed' and give spellcasters the 'Advanced' option and melees the 'Basic' one, it would make the melees a lot more dull to play than the spellcasters, simply due to how their base function works.

I did have something like this planned for a map I was playing around with a while back. Instead of regular Autoattack-attacks, melees would have two basic attack moves in addition to skills; a Sweep, which would deal moderate damage in a 200 AE; and a Thrust, which would deal heavy damage to a single target. Anyhow, that was what I had planned, but I never got very far with the execution of the project.

demotry241

Don't Ever Categorize Yourself.
Reaction score
mixed, so that if i had a melee hero... i could get bonuses from attack speed

like for instance a hero with all items that increases attack speed by 30~55%

=wow.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.