Need some help with my map

Cranky

Reaction score
Sorry for the title, but I had no idea how to call this...
Well I'm making a map, something similiar to the old and well known Ilidan's Seven but I want to make it better, and more demanding.
First question: Is there any way to do that, when I kill the enemy units they give sme bunty gold. I know that there is a chance to set it in the object editor, but I used neutral hostile units, but for the neutral hostile "player".
So player 12 brown has some forest trolls... But when I kill them they don't give any...

Another question that I used the Omnislash ability. I downloaded it, and it works pretty, but how can I set the cooldown? If I set it in the object editor nothing changes... ( I used this: http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=45751)

And the last might be stupid... So there is the ability for black arrow. I changed it, but that doesn't matter. Two questions I have: Is there any way to put the summoned units not the location of the dying unit, but next to the hero? Like at the summning skills, like water elemental, or feral spirit.... etc. (If it needs a difficult trigger, and maybe jass than this is not important)
And the second: Can I limit the number of the summned units somehow? So when I killed 5 enemies and I have 5 summoned units not to summon more till I have the 5 alive, but the spell still gives the +dmg?

(( An ability making tutorial for beginners will be nice to ;) ))

Faust

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
For the first question, go to the trigger editor and make a trigger that runs on map initialization or a short elapsed game time, and in actions find the ones that start with Player -
You must turn on player "flag" (or something like that, not difficult to find).

I can't help with the omnislash.

For the third, if only one hero there is controlled by one player, you have a trigger with event - unit enters playable map area
as a condition, entering unit is a whatever dummy unit that is set onto the black arrow in the object editor to be spawned.
You must find the hero who spawned that unit, and create your unit at the hero.
To limit their numbers, you have to check the amount of them each time one enters playable map area, and if there is too many, kill one.

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
question 1 :
Trigger:
  • Player - Turn Gives bounty On for Player 12 (Brown)

Its under Player/Turn flag on/off
question 2: Dont know.
Question 3a:
U might wanna summon 1 units. Thn use a trigger to create, like everytime a unit is summoned, kill summoned unit and create how many units that u wan at position of summoning unit.
Question 3b:
Add in a condition to the above,
Trigger:
  • (Number of units in (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Footman))) Less than 5

Replace Footman with the created unit.

My bad, started to post earlier than u guys again.. but took awhile to post this.. so... yeah...

Cranky

Reaction score
Thanks a lot!!
But with the last question: There are 3 level of the summned unit. So like the skeletons. (lesser dark minion, dark minion, greater) So now I can make that, there will be only 5 from each type... but I don't want 5 lvl1 and + 3 lvl 2 :S
Sorry for that btw xD

Faust

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
You pick the level 1 minions, add them to a unitgroup
You pick the level 2 minions, add them to the same group
Same with 3
And check that "shared" unitgroup.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.