Need trigger path please.

BlightWarden

Reaction score
I can not find this action. (Number of units in Temp_Group) Equal to 0

I took a little break from mapping and now I'm back and have no clue how to find that. Been looking for it for over an hour with no luck.

So how do I find it? Interger comparison > what > what >what?

Thanks for any and all replies and +rep to anyone who can help me.:thup:

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
it's the first thing when you go into the integer comparison, just change (Units in (Playable map area)) to Temp_Group :D:D

With other words:
Integer Comparison -> Count Units in Unit Group -> Change "Number of unit in (Units in (Playable map area))" to Temp_Group

BlightWarden

Reaction score
it's the first thing when you go into the integer comparison, just change (Units in (Playable map area)) to Temp_Group :D:D

With other words:
Integer Comparison -> Count Units in Unit Group -> Change "Number of unit in (Units in (Playable map area))" to Temp_Group

But it doesn't count the units, this is what it looks like.
Trigger:
  • If (Temp_Group_A Equal to 0) then do (Do nothing) else do (Do nothing)

I don't know how to replace Playable map area with Temp_Group. It won't let me select a variable.:banghead: This has been my problem.

All I can do is this.

Number of units in (units in playable map area), I can change that to Temp_Group but it looks like the above trigger. I need it to look like this:

Trigger:
  • (Number of units in Temp_Group) Equal to 0

[edit] it says No variable of this type defined. Maybe that is what I need. How do I make it define a variable? lol This is crazy how complex it is to me.

Gtam

Lerning how to write and read!! Yeah.
Reaction score
It means there are no variables of that type eg Point, Group, Integer and so on

BlightWarden

Reaction score
It means there are no variables of that type eg Point, Group, Integer and so on

I know. I need to know how to define a variable. I have the variables created but it does not allow me to define them. So I end up with the trigger I posted instead of the trigger I need which is at the bottom.

It is a interger variable, and it is created, but I still can't make the trigger I need.

SGT Vejito

Reaction score
I know. I need to know how to define a variable. I have the variables created but it does not allow me to define them. So I end up with the trigger I posted instead of the trigger I need which is at the bottom.

When the game talks about defining a variable it means creating a specific type.

In that trigger there are 3 different variables that could be used, regions unit groups and unit. There are probably more but these are the main 3 that are being used normally.

Chances are you're trying to define a variable that you don't have a type created for yet. In which case I'd suggest creating a few random variables, and see if you can figure what type that particular spot wants.

Gtam

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • THELPER
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Number of units in UnitGroup) Equal to 0
    • Actions

Is that what u want or did i misunderstood

BlightWarden

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • THELPER
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Number of units in UnitGroup) Equal to 0
    • Actions

Is that what u want or did i misunderstood

Yes, but it has to be an Interger variable.

This is why, I need the Interger variable for this trigger

Trigger:
  • Set Temp_Group = (Units in Region 001 <gen> matching ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and (((Region 001 <gen> contains (Matching unit)) Equal to True) and ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Footman))))

Temp_Group is a interger variable (no array)

I already have the above trigger done. I just need the trigger path you posted and so far I can't make it. I'v been working on that trigger you posted for 2 hours now and before I took my break I tried to do it for a few days with no luck.

* you wouldn't believe how much trouble this single trigger has given me.... I'm not good at mapping, but I love it, so I struggle big time. But I will not give up!:thup:

Gtam

Reaction score
I used the integer comparison condition. The count units in unit group thing but i dont think u can make it integer
Does that anser ur Q

BlightWarden

Reaction score
I used the integer comparison condition. The count units in unit group thing but i dont think u can make it integer
Does that anser ur Q

Ok, I'm trying to make this trigger posted by Hellohihi

Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 004
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
    • Set Temp_Group = (Units in Region 001 <gen> matching ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and (((Region 001 <gen> contains (Matching unit)) Equal to True) and ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Footman))))
    • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
    • If - Conditions
    • Then - Actions
    • -------- Your Actions Here --------
    • Else - Actions
    • Do nothing
    • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_Temp_Group)

This is my trigger so far.
Trigger:
  • Creep Spawn trigger template
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Temp_Group_A1 = (Number of units in (Units in F1CedarRegion1 <gen> matching (((Number of living (Unit-type of (Matching unit)) units owned by Neutral Hostile) Equal to 0) and (((F1CedarRegion1 <gen> contains (Matching unit)) Equal to True) and ((Unit-type of (Matching unit))
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Create 4 Cedar Wretch for Neutral Hostile at (Center of F1CedarRegion1 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
        • Else - Actions
          • Skip remaining actions

I have two problems with my triggers. 1, I can't seem to make this
Trigger:

I was told to make Temp_Group an interger because I could not include "ANDS" in my trigger. It would end up being Variable [index] = Value. I had to get rid of the [index] and the interger variable did exactly that.

The purpose of my trigger is a creep respawn. But If the players pull the monsters out of the region and kill them, they won't respawn, so I need this current trigger.

I have no idea how Hellohihi did his/her trigger and he/she never replied to my thread again, so its a big pain trying to figure this out. I could go with a simple creep respawn trigger, BUT I have more regions with the same kind of creeps.

I really wish people would include variable types, if its an array or not and pathing to the triggers for us newbs. But thats wishful thinking.:rolleyes:

Link to my original post: http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=127758

Thank you all for the time and effort to help me with this. I appreciate it a ton!

Gtam

Reaction score
Here is a map that has it for u:D:thup:;)

BlightWarden

Reaction score
Ok, I went back and checked my original post and sure enough I was told to make it a unit group. I though I did, but I guess I did not.:banghead:

So I changed it and rewrote the trigger. Now the trigger still isnt working.:p

Here's my trigger.

Trigger:
  • Creep Spawn trigger template Copy
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Temp_Group_A1 = (Units in F1CedarRegion1 <gen> matching (((Number of living (Unit-type of (Matching unit)) units owned by Neutral Hostile) Equal to 0) and (((F1CedarRegion1 <gen> contains (Matching unit)) Equal to True) and ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Cedar Wretch
        • If - Conditions
          • (Number of units in Temp_Group_A1) Equal to 0
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Create 4 Cedar Wretch for Neutral Hostile at (Center of F1CedarRegion1 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
        • Else - Actions
          • Skip remaining actions
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_Temp_Group_A1)

I tried map initialization, it created 4 more units at the region but once they died it did not respawn them.:confused: So what event should I use and whats wrong with my trigger? Why won't the creeps respawn?

Also, I need to add in a "wait" inbetween respawns. Can I do this and where should I add it?

Again thanks for all the help! +rep to everyone!:thup:

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Use the event Timer Expires and after you create the units, start the Timer.

BlightWarden

Reaction score
Use the event Timer Expires and after you create the units, start the Timer.

Explain please. I don't understand what you mean. I should make event - Timer expires (Time variable) and then start the timer?

Yup, I don't understand, Can you give me an example trigger? Does the timer variable need to be an array? If so how many values? Thanks.

bOb666777

Stand against the ugly world domination face!
Reaction score
Use a periodic event. "Every 5.00 seconds of game-time" under Time > Periodic Event

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Trigger:
    • Events
      • Time - Timer expires
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Temp_Group_A1 = (Units in F1CedarRegion1 <gen> matching (((Number of living (Unit-type of (Matching unit)) units owned by Neutral Hostile) Equal to 0) and (((F1CedarRegion1 <gen> contains (Matching unit)) Equal to True) and ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Cedar Wretch
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
          • Countdown Timer - Start Timer as a One-shot timer that will expire in 10.00 seconds
        • Else - Actions
          • Skip remaining actions

Timer is a Timer variable.

BlightWarden

Reaction score
Use a periodic event. "Every 5.00 seconds of game-time" under Time > Periodic Event

That spawns them in mass.:D

I just need them to respawn xx seconds after there are 0 units in region owned by player x. I can't use a periodic cause it will spawn more creeps even if all the original creeps are still alive and in the region.

Trying it now UndeadDragon. Thanks!

[edit] Nope, that didn't work. They still won't respawn.

Trigger:
    • Events
      • Time - Timer expires
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Temp_Group_A1 = (Units in F1CedarRegion1 <gen> matching (((Number of living (Unit-type of (Matching unit)) units owned by Neutral Hostile) Equal to 0) and (((F1CedarRegion1 <gen> contains (Matching unit)) Equal to True) and ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Cedar Wret
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
          • Countdown Timer - Start Timer as a One-shot timer that will expire in 10.00 seconds
        • Else - Actions
          • Skip remaining actions

My trigger, just incase.

bOb666777

Stand against the ugly world domination face!
Reaction score
>That spawns them in mass.

Are you kidding me? Why do you think you have a condition that checks if they're dead?
Stop thinking we don't know what we're talking about, please...

BTW remove the "Skip remaining actions" since it will prevent the leak from being removed...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.