New map idea (similar to custom hero survival)

codebliss

Reaction score
Hey guys =)

I lately have been playing some great maps (perSonas, Rise of Winterchill, Custom Hero Survival) and have been getting some ideas. I was wondering if anyone else is interested.

If any of you have played guild wars, you understand the kind of combat they have. It's much more technical that WoW and other kinds of RPG's. There are various types of say buffs and debuffs (conditions, hexes, chants, enchantments..) that each have their own niche in combat. I think making a map to capitolize on this strategic combat would be really exciting.

A kind of a fast paced, often hosted map would be ideal. Not a long drawn out game like RoW, but more like perSonas. Maybe like 20-25 minutes. It would either be about 6 players versus an AI, or 3v3 or 4v4. The combat would be really strategic, and I want the possibility for MANY effective yet original builds.

For example, like the earth elementialist in GW, it would be fun to make a spell that say converts all incoming damage to spell damage and lowers your armor a little. Then you could combine this with say a spell that lowers spell damage, or a spell absorbing spell, or maybe a reflection spell. Many people would overlook said spell, as it seems not too useful, but with the many other original spells, you could make a fun build out of it =)

I know this may seem daunting, but I think it would be a fun map to work on. If you want to discuss, please hit me up here. I'll code if any of you guys want to chip in.

Thanks =]. Codebliss.

madd_999

Reaction score
i do have played gw and i think it is a nice idea.. the only thing about bufs and de buffs is that you can hardly see them...

-and if you have attachment to them.. you need to recognize the attachment.. or figure out which buffs or de buffs they have on look only..

-and wc3 only knows 1 kind of buffs.. so it woul be hard to "dispell" something..

but then again making it with spell that are as you say "looked over "
and are then yousefull + short and fast combat.. i would like that

codebliss

Reaction score
There's plenty of buff systems that can handle this. I'm of course using vJass in this project if it gets started up. If you want to get the feel for what I'm talking about, play personas aos. All it takes is some smart programming and some passion =).

I'm working on some spell ideas at the moment. I'll get some examples for you guys shortly.

PS: I was thinking of using floating text and/or attachments to help with the buffs. Also maybe custom icons with different color borders for the types of debuffs/buffs.

madd_999

Reaction score
different types of icons would be useful..

don't know if the text thingy will work (and i don't really like floating teksts)..

PS: looking forward to your spells :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.