New RPG map

goozaru_TUDC

Reaction score
i need some ideas for an RPG (with save/load system)
so plz give me some input all from heroe, spell, terrain and well just everything that can be used in the map

Carnerox

The one and only.
Reaction score
It would be much nicer if you gave us a description about this map first (A GOOD IDEA TO DO! FINISH TERRAIN BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING!) So people don't waste their time making hero ideas/spells that you will never use because you don't feel like working on the map. Also because we have no idea what your RPG is about.

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
I can do the terrain for you when you make up your mind. Just post what you want in the "Anyone have a terrain request?" thread.

Argentine

Reaction score
A great and awe-inspiring idea for any RPG: Have almost a full story line to back it up before you even start. RPGs are mainly about two things:
1.) level of story line depth.... and
2.) level of addictiveness

To make the game have a good story line depth you need quest and cinematic triggering. If it's a battle.net map maybe you don't really need the cinematic stuff, but the quests and story are just as important.

To make a game highly addictive (and fun) you will need some scaling coolness for weapons and spells. Start out with almost nothing and quickly build up to mediocre equipment and abilities. Then slowly let the players acquire really really cool stuff (like legendary items and upgrading their ultimate spell ever 10 levels or so)

I also like to make it take longer for heroes to gain levels in RPGs if the game runs longer than an hour.

Just some helpful tips from a novelist, but you should check out the tutorials linked above in those other posts.

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
Rules say:

Here's the deal. You may ask more than one question in a single thread. But DO NOT ADD MORE QUESTIONS LATER! I.E. no more "User's Question Thread". They are unwieldy and very hard to follow. Start a new thread when you have new questions.

If you're gonna ask a new question...Make a new thread!

eric92

Reaction score
Bro I have just finnished making my RPG game its called Legacy RPG. If you want to play it with me some time and see what I did in my map then msg me or tell me man. my wc3 name is also eric92.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.