RPG New Rpg. Need Ideas

Fire-Wolf

S.P.D Smoke Pot Daily, Legalize It!
Reaction score
Fire-Wolf's Rpg
Well ive started a new rpg now. This one is a strange one, there will be a stealing system where, theres item laying around inside shops, and to steal them you need a spell called steal. And you have a 1 through (10-[the level of the spell]) And if you dont get the item, you will go to jail. Also if you attack a guard he will attack you back, and if he kills you then you appear in jail. Every item visualy appears on you, i soon hope to have a save/load system, quests, more towns, ect. I'll also have the Pre Alpha 2 up soon i hope.
Code:
[CENTER][B][SIZE="5"][COLOR="orange"]Change Log[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
[SIZE="4"][COLOR="darkyellow"]Pre Alpha 1[/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]
[LIST]
[*]Made The Map Playable (Sort of..)
[/LIST]
[CENTER][SIZE="4"][COLOR="darkyellow"]Pre Alpha 2[/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]
[LIST]
[*]Added jail.
[*]Added more weapons.
[*]Added another store.
[*]Changed monsters.
[*]Added test features.
[*]And more, check it out!
[/LIST]

xAnaMorphine

Reaction score
Actually the "Stealing System" is from Fable but nvm.

Just call your ORPG/RPG after your name like:

Fire-Wolf's RPG v0.01 Beta

Fire-Wolf

Reaction score
Yes i know the stealing system is from Fable where do u think i got it from i ment never seen before on Wc3. :]

131ackout

These stuff are certainly more like Oblivion, a popular and famous RPG-like gaming, which is on Xbox 360.

I used to played it, because it has everything, such as thieving, fighting, doing mage stuff, and many more. :p

Anyway, no ideas for you. :(, but I bet it's gonna be fun! :p

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
take a few steps back and read some terraining tuts. Those screan shots like terrible

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
I also want to say, dont make it so when you try to enter a building, a dialog comes up. Dialog is not very necessary.

Fire-Wolf

Reaction score
>take a few steps back and read some terraining tuts. Those screan shots like terrible
Well im just trying to get the job done. I will find someone who will do the terrain for me soon, i know i suck at terraining.
I also want to say, dont make it so when you try to enter a building, a dialog comes up. Dialog is not very necessary.
I sorta like the idea of chooseing whether of not you want to enter the town halls, becuz what if someone accidently enters it and like says WTF why am i in here??

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
>take a few steps back and read some terraining tuts. Those screan shots like terrible
Well im just trying to get the job done. I will find someone who will do the terrain for me soon, i know i suck at terraining.
I sorta like the idea of chooseing whether of not you want to enter the town halls, becuz what if someone accidently enters it and like says WTF why am i in here??

Well, the dialog would bother me more, because i would have to click a button, and then walk out.

131ackout

Of course, everyone is sucking at terrains.. But I am sure that there is pretty good terrainers, at hiveworkshop, why don't you look?

Fire-Wolf

Reaction score
Pplz i have a terrain test out so you all can look at how this map will turn out. Test it.

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
Honestly making good terrain is really easy, just look at some examples or read tutorials. I know it takes a while but it's something you should know how to do.

Anyways the thief system sounds really cool. Perhaps another cool feature would be, instead of default right click attacking players use 'spells' to attack.

For example a wand attack would be based on the ability shockwave, but a much smaller radius and less damage/cooldown/mana.

131ackout

I agree with Dakho, there are plenty of terraining tutorials.

Last time, I found a RPG tutorial, and I tried it, and my map came out good, not for triggers or anything else, just map. It was lookin' good. :p

jnZ

I
Reaction score
if you continou terraining like this its a 2-3 out of 10 for me. its really ugly and just like dakho said: its not really hard do do average terrain. if you really are that bad at terraining it could be a good idea do find a little help

Crusher

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Few tips from me:

1)Think about your map.Realize an bit your storyline,this is very important

2)Creeps should be realistic (Imagine aliens near human town -_-)

3) Terrain should look better

4)Make few heroes (8-15 is good) and add item restriction to every specific hero.

5)Hero level is the most important (i suggest 100 max level and about 5 or 10 level per magic,and good description)

6) Don't make crappy items,you need good description and few shops!(Level 1 shop should be balanced as it's name,right?)

7) Make some town sieges,PvP arena,Gold time,Dungeon,Instances,Bosses,Drops from creeps and so on.

8) Make good Forests (with water,caves and so on.)

9) Most important off all ,Boss must be biger than any hero!Also Buildings must be 3x bigger than unit!

Hope this helped you something,because my Hand hurts :D

Fire-Wolf

Reaction score
The Pre Alpha is out! Now it is playable.. (almost ^_^ Still ALOT to do on it.)

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
The zonining is not from maplestory. It was used in many games before maple story. Maple Story uses it because their servers cannot handle this kind of traffic. Also it is a 2-D game so the only way to make it multiple pathing zones is by portals. Unlike WoW or any other MMORPG. Everquest had zoning because of servers not being as advanced back then and they could not handle the amount of traffic.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
lol, I have a terraining tut. Check it out. :D And for terraining, it can be easy, but you gotta' kinda' sorta' inawaya' :))) have a feel with it, which you develop as you practice.

I'll try it out tomorrow if I have time since I have to sleep soon........ :thup:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.