Newbwc3's Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score

I made a custom upgrade "Defend" and gave it to my custom "foot" and put it in the upgrade building, but when i get the upgrade on the game my foot doesn't have it!?
SOLVED

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Hmmm... I think you might also have to put it in the "Abilities" category because it is an ability, but that is just a guess.. :p

HEAD BANGER!!! :banghead: :banghead:

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
Do custom units take up alot of space?
If u edit the existing ones instead of creating custom units does it save space? Does this even matter?:nuts:
SOLVED

Demonwrath

Happy[ExtremelyOverCommercializ ed]HolidaysEveryon
Reaction score
Not unless you are using a custom model you made outside of the WE it shouldn't take up any more room than a normal unit :D

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
I thought that i had made the human shipyard fly in the air and float up and down but I didn't. On my map it shows the building in the air but when i play the map its on the ground! I tried everything playing around with the different values but i cant get it to fly.

Someone plz help out the Newb!:banghead: :banghead:
SOLVED

D

dariidar

http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=42891
I found this tutorial on making castles AND raising units.
First you take the unit model of the human shipyard and convert it to a doodad. Then press Ctrl + Page Up (Or Ctrl + scroll wheel up). That will raise the model for you.

solidarity said:
Using the Ctrl + Page Up/Page Down command (raises and lowers doodads, respectively) allows one to raise other doodads such as flowerpots, wheelbarrows, chairs, and other lovely objects onto the raised 'veranda' area :)
Try other tutorials on importing custom models for help.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
I would rather convert it to a unit so it can have the same features, unless it is for decoration. I don't know if you can have a building fly even if you have it have the "Fly" movement type. To convert the building into a unit, uncheckmark the "Is A Building" field.

HEAD BANGER!!! :banghead: :banghead:

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
Thanks PurgeandFire thats exactly what I needed to hear. I was just about to post another one that said "it still doesn't work" lol :D
SOLVED

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
On the Loading screen I want to put a picture up there, BUT I also want the loading progress bar, player slots, and the map description to be shown. Like on that resident evil map.:p

How do I do this?
SOLVED

D

dariidar

http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=36757
sfilip said:
A loading screen that shows the loading progress for all players
Requires:
IrfanView
Warcraft 3 Viewer
The picture you want to use

A lot of people asked for something like this so here's finally a tutorial that explains it. Basically its all about replacing the original melee loading screen textures from the MPQ with your own, the similar way we do it when skinning models. Also take note that this loading screen must contain your minimap image so you should pick a good picture that will fit correctly with it (usually people put most of this loading screen in one color - white for example to match their minimap image background).
The process itself is similar to the above high quality screen since this one is also a 1024x768 picture split intro 4 parts with the same sizes like above.
Once again pick your picture and open IrfanView. You need to crop the picture again using selections intro four parts: . For more info about this, please read the above high quality tutorial since its mainly the same thing. Also take note that the minimap and the loading bars for every player are taking a special position so you might want to edit your picture a bit. To see the original 4 pictures simply open Warcraft 3 Viewer, go to File -> Open MPQ, locate war3.mpq in your warcraft directory and check BLP in the Treeview window on the right. Now find the path UI\Glues\Loading\Multiplayer and check out the textures in it. Every race has its own right-side pictures, but they all share the 2 left - Loading-BotLeft.blp and Loading-TopLeft.blp. Once you've created and saved all 4 parts close IrfanView.
Now open WE, press F12 to open the Import Manager and import all 4 parts. Now change their paths this way:
UI\Glues\Loading\Multiplayer\Loading-BotLeft.blp - for your bottom left picture
UI\Glues\Loading\Multiplayer\Loading-TopLeft.blp - for your top left picture
UI\Glues\Loading\Multiplayer\Loading-Random-BotRight.blp - for your bottom right picture
UI\Glues\Loading\Multiplayer\Loading-Random-TopRight.blp - for your top right picture
Note: if your map only uses one race, then you should change "Random" in the above 2 filenames to that race's name (Human, Orc, NightElf or Undead - for example Loading-Orc-BotRight.blp). If your map is melee or has its races pickable, then continue reading on how to fix that.
To make your game use only one loading screen for all races, do this:
-Open Warcraft 3 Viewer.
-Open war3.mpq if you haven't already.
-On the right Treeview window choose MDX and find UI\Glues\Loading\Multiplayer and right click on Load-Multiplayer-Random.mdx and then on Extract MDX. Remember where you saved it and close the Viewer.
-Open WE and press F12 to open the Import Manager once again. Now import the newly exported MDX in it 4 times and start changing paths (since they are all the same, the order isn't important, but make sure they all have a different path):
UI\Glues\Loading\Multiplayer\Load-Multiplayer-Human.mdx
UI\Glues\Loading\Multiplayer\Load-Multiplayer-Orc.mdx
UI\Glues\Loading\Multiplayer\Load-Multiplayer-NightElf.mdx
UI\Glues\Loading\Multiplayer\Load-Multiplayer-Undead.mdx
This will replace the default loading file MDX for each race thus making it use the same textures as Random. Now just save your map and test it.

A quick search in the tutorials forum was all it took :)

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
2 questions

1. I want the Siege tank in war wagon form.

I put this in the siege tanks model file: units\human\WarWagon\WarWagon.mdl
On the map when i place it it looks like a WarWagon, but when i play the map it changes back to siege tank model.

2. On a Goblin Shredder I want it to shoot from 400 range using a flamethrower.Flames coming out of his cannon arm.I want the flames to look exactly like the ChaosSpaceOrcs gun attack except orange.For his second attack If the enemy is very close to him I want him to use his cutter attack(the one he already has). <<<<<thats probly a hard question to answer
but i really want a unit like that:)
almost forgot, I want the flamethrower to have sound!

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
SOLVED

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score
2) question so you want your unit to use both range and melee as i suggested to another member you could set all the enemys targeted type to Air, land, Building like that then add the Darkness orb ability which allows melee to attack air, as for the flamethrowing attack there is no Models for flaming throwing but i suggest you use the Doodas Flame thingy and for the sound you will have to copy it of the Space Orc and then paste it in your unit

1) check what the tank's ability have or something else to do with changing back to its normal model

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
2) I donot understand his melee attack is supposed to target only ground units.

And his flamethrower is supposed to attack air units and ground units.

Also the ChaosSpaceOrc doesnt have a sound for his attack, and if he does its not loud enuf to hear.
SOLVED

Evote

Reaction score
i am not sure if u can change the colour of the projectile but try changeing the ChaosSpaceOrc guy's model trto goblin shreder is that what u want
?

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
the ChaosSpaceOrcs projectile art for his attack is part of his model file.Like Attack-2 or somthin. So I cannot simply change the ChaosSpaceOrcs model file to Shredder. I wish Someone could give me a projectile art "flamethrower" that would be real cool.

Even if I did have the right Projectile art I wouldnt be able to get the shredder to do a ranged attack and a melee attack...help.
SOLVED

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
> I put this in the siege tanks model file: units\human\WarWagon\WarWagon.mdl

Put? It's already set to that path by default...

Try setting the "extra versions" to "RoC".

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
help

I got the War wagon to model to show up TY ace.

Now I dont know how to edit ablilitys that well and dont know what all the fields mean. So I want an ability for my unit the terran marine.How do u make him a gernade throwing ability!?:rolleyes:

For the target type I want to be able to click it and then select target.
SOLVED

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
Gernade Explosion Graphics

Ok I checked out the cluster rockets and messed around with it awhile.

Missle Art "Makrura Deepseer, Makrura Tidecaller"
Missle Arc 0.35
Missle Speed 200

This looks better as a gernade, BUT problem is you dont get the same exploding effect as you would with the other missle art. I know theres a way to attach an explosion to the target or somthing?how?

Maybe some trigger that waits until the projectile impacts and then does the explosion art on the enemy?
SOLVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • WildTurkey WildTurkey:
    is there a stephen green in the house?
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up WildTurkey?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Looks like Google fixed whatever mistake that made the recipes on the site go crazy and we are no longer trending towards a recipe site lol - I don't care though because it motivated me to spend alot of time on the site improving it and at least now the content people are looking at is not stupid and embarrassing like it was when I first got back into this like 5 years ago.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Plus - I have a pretty bad ass recipe collection now! That section of the site is 10 thousand times better than it was before
  • The Helper The Helper:
    We now have a web designer at my job. A legit talented professional! I am going to get him to redesign the site theme. It is time.
  • Varine Varine:
    I got one more day of community service and then I'm free from this nonsense! I polished a cop car today for a funeral or something I guess
  • Varine Varine:
    They also were digging threw old shit at the sheriff's office and I tried to get them to give me the old electronic stuff, but they said no. They can't give it to people because they might use it to impersonate a cop or break into their network or some shit? idk but it was a shame to see them take a whole bunch of radios and shit to get shredded and landfilled
  • The Helper The Helper:
    whatever at least you are free
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.