Newbwc3's Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
Im new at making maps and have lots of questions so all my questions will be posted here.

To find the newest problem go to the last posted one from me

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
Code:
barraks units
    Events
        Time - Every 5.00 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit - Order Barraks 0176 <gen> to train/upgrade to a Foot
        Unit - Order Barraks 0177 <gen> to train/upgrade to a Foot
        Unit - Order Barraks 0178 <gen> to train/upgrade to a Foot
        Unit - Order Barraks 0179 <gen> to train/upgrade to a Foot

how do u take away the "Ready for action" sound they make when they come out? I want to train them out of the barracks not create them with code.
SOLVED

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
But I don't think you can do that, I think you have to change the sound set to stop if from saying "Ready for action". If you want it out, give it no sound.

EDIT:

You probably have to replace the sound with some random sound, if you want it to have a sound, but isn't deleting.

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
TY now it works the way i want it

NEXT QUESTION:

U know when u click allies and turn the shared unit control off by unchecking it. Well how do u do that with a trigger?:eek:
SOLVED

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Mmmkay...

Code:
Player 1 Ally
    Events
        Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing <Empty String> as An exact match
    Conditions
    Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (Entered chat string) Equal to -ally Blue
            Then - Actions
                Player - Make (Triggering player) treat Player 2 (Blue) as an Ally
            Else - Actions
                    If - Conditions
                        (Entered chat string) Equal to -ally Teal
                    Then - Actions
                        Player - Make Player 1 (Red) treat Player 3 (Teal) as an Ally
                    Else - Actions
                            If - Conditions
                                (Entered chat string) Equal to -ally Purple
                            Then - Actions
                                Player - Make Player 1 (Red) treat Player 4 (Purple) as an Ally
                            Else - Actions

This was a quick trigger, but it should help you in some way. If you find another way of doing this then that's okay. There should be a shorter way though.

Doom-Angel

Jass User (Just started using NewGen)
Reaction score
U know when u click allies and turn the shared unit control off by unchecking it. Well how do u do that with a trigger?
i think that's what u are look for...
Code:
Game - Set Lock alliance settings to On

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
ok I figured a way around it, TY

NEXT QUESTIONS::rolleyes: :eek: :confused:

1. Why are rep points so special?whats their use? cause I'll give u guys some if u want em.

2. AND how do u use custom models in a map? I'm making a castle type map and any custom models that u have for castle type stuff I'd like to have plz.

3. ALSO how do u make the Human shipyard float in the air? How do u make u make Doodads and buildings float in the air??
SOLVED

Duwenbasden

Ver 6 CREATE energy AS SELECT * FROM u.energy
Reaction score
2. Import according to direction, use.

3. Make them Fly, and Increase flying height.

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
Figured out how to make human shipyard in air and take away the ground texture to make it look better but how do u make it float like up and down in air but you are not able to move it?
SOLVED

Demonwrath

Happy[ExtremelyOverCommercializ ed]HolidaysEveryon
Reaction score
Try changing the movement type to float, and the movement speed base to 0

Doom-Angel

Jass User (Just started using NewGen)
Reaction score
1. Why are rep points so special?whats their use?
well what i know is that besides that it's looks good when u have all this green dots which say +2000 :D is also that it gives u a few functions i currently know only about 2 of them mabye there is more i never checked:

1) 100 Rep - u can change the text below ur name (e.g: instead of having User (what does this little red button do...?) u can write whatever u want :p)

2)500 Rep - u can put a signature
cause I'll give u guys some if u want em.
well in ur current rep situation ur rep doesn't have any meaning only if u have positive rep it realy adds something....

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
Movement Height- 200
Movement Height Minimum- 200
Movement Speed Base- 0
Movemetn Speed Minimum- 0
Movement Speed Maximum- 0
Movement Turn Rate- 0.10
Movement Type- Float
Pathing AI placement radius- 0
Pathing AI placement type None
Pathing Collision size- 50
Pathing map- Human Shipyard, Warmill.....
Pathing placement prevented by-
Pathing placement requires-
Pathing placement requires water radius- 0

This looks like its set up to float up and down in the air to me...Why wont it work?
SOLVED

Demonwrath

Happy[ExtremelyOverCommercializ ed]HolidaysEveryon
Reaction score
Here's an idea. Find out how the necropolis floats and copy off of that :D

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Why are rep points so special?whats their use? cause I'll give u guys some if u want em.

They are signs of you helping people, doing good deeds, and whatever that's nice, you can also get them if a certain day passes, like Christmas for example.

As Doom-Angel said, they're just little green, red, or black "decoration bars" that give you more options once you have a certain about of positive reputation. Like for example:

+1 REPUTATION or -1 REPUTATION = Enable Add/Subtract Reputation (If you have positive reputation, you can give positive reputation and negative reputation, if you have negative reputation, you don't affect their reputation, but you still get it either way)
+100 REPUTATION = Enable Custom Title (Like mine, those words under my name)
+100 REPUTATION = Enable GIF. Avatars (You're allowed to use animated avatars)
+100 REPUTATION = Enable Extended Attachment Space (Increases attachment size space)
+100 REPUTATION = Enable Extended Avatar Space (Increases the size limit of all avatars you can use)
+500 REPUTATION = Enable Signature (Only a few users have this, like Daxtreme, or SFilip)
+1000 REPUTATION = Mystery (Barely any users get this option enabled, some kind of membership I guess)

And you give positive reputation for each green bar you have (I have 2 so I give +2 reputation, The Helper has 11, so he gives +11 reputation), but if you have negative reputation, you give no reputation or if you have no reputation. Only 1 user in the Helper.net has disabled reputation (Black Bars), which is a user whos name I can't spell correctly (But with the custom title of "/\ /\" and no avatar).

+1-99 Reputation = 1 Reputation Bar
+100-199 Reputation = 2 Reputation Bars
+200-299 Reputation = 3 Reputation Bars
+300-399 Reputation = 4 Reputation Bars
+400-499 Reputation = 5 Reputation Bars

And so on...but I think I got it incorrect :p.

That's all I know for that question.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Here's an idea. Find out how the necropolis floats and copy off of that :D

Isn't the floating necropolis an animation thing to cause it to float?

Also, if you want to do that, you'll have to slowly increase the height, and lower the height. The action to do that is:
Code:
Animation - Set (Your Unit's) current flying height to (Your height #) at (Your speed of choice)
You will have to repeat this process. You can use the periodic event thingamabob, but I think it might cause leaks if not triggered right...

For #2, here is an excellent tutorial (if I do say so myself cuz I created it =] ):
http://maps.worldofwar.net/forums/showthread.php?p=581078#post581078

I hope this helps!

HEAD BANGER!!! :banghead: :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.