Reaction score
Code:
Gernade explosion graphic
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Gernade 
    Actions
        Set pointone = (Position of (Casting unit))
        Set pointtwo = (Target point of ability being cast)
        Set pointthree = (Target point of ability being cast)
        Wait ((Distance between pointone and pointtwo) / 200.00) seconds
        Special Effect - Create a special effect at pointthree using Abilities\Spells\Other\Incinerate\FireLordDeathExplode.mdl
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_pointone)
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_pointtwo)
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_pointthree)
Heres what I did is this correct? When I try out the ability it takes like 3 seconds after impact to show the graphic. I WANT it to show the graphic right when the art missle impacts.

Duwenbasden: You forgot to tell me to put udg_ in front of the varible name. What does udg mean anyway?
SOLVED

I'd just like to point out that the location pointthree is useless in this because it's exactly the same as pointtwo.
Code:
Special Effect - Create a special effect at pointthree using Abilities\Spells\Other\Incinerate\FireLordDeathExplode.mdl
Should be:
Code:
Special Effect - Create a special effect at pointtwo using Abilities\Spells\Other\Incinerate\FireLordDeathExplode.mdl
and you can remove
Code:
Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_pointthree)
and delete the variable from the variable editor thing.

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
Call Removing locations....
This code:
Code:
Events- unit uses ability
conditions-ability equal to firebolt
actions- Wait distance between (position of triggering unit)and (position of point being targeted)
changed to this:
Code:
Events- unit uses ability
conditions- ability equal to firebolt
actions- Set Varible "point1"=(position of triggering unit)
Set Varible "point2"= (position of point being targeted)
Wait distance between (point1) and (point2)
call RemoveLocation(udg_point1)
call RemoveLocation(udg_point2)
This is the only way of making a map "not lag" that I know of are there any other ways? What are they?
SOLVED

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
I don't think there are other ways, but I'm not sure.

Originally posted by Newbwc3
Code:
call RemoveLocation (udg_point1)
call RemoveLocation (udg_point2)

Just so you know, I'm pretty sure it is:
Code:
Custom Script: call RemoveLocatio[B]n([/B]udg_point1)
Custom Script: call RemoveLocatio[B]n([/B]udg_point2)
:D

HEAD BANGER!!! :banghead: :banghead:

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
Seige tank ability

I want to make an ability for my seige tank that charges up (with sound effects of charging up) and then fires a huge blast after 3 seconds. Targeting a single unit and dealing X damage. Suggestions on how to do this?
SOLVED

Demonwrath

Happy[ExtremelyOverCommercializ ed]HolidaysEveryon
Reaction score
You're on your own with the triggering for the sound effects (if he needs to) but for the ability itself...use Fire Bolt :D

Korolen

New User (Why do I keep getting those red bars?)
Reaction score
You could just do an ability (like firebolt) with a 3 second casting time...

Doom-Angel

Jass User (Just started using NewGen)
Reaction score
use a dummy unit for the charge effect and make it grow periodically and in the end of 3 seconds create dummy and make it cast some ability (e.g: fire bolt)

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
1.) Me, being a newb, have never done a ability using dummy units. How do u make it so u can place the dummy unit inside another unit??AND when u place this dummy unit how to make it so playercannot select it and it stays with the unit casting?

I tried making it a building and turned collision and pathing off but it still wont work...

2.) The Art for my ability:
Charging up- "Vampiric Potion <Caster>"
Blast- "Fire bolt" or "Breath of Fire (Neutral Hostile)"
Think this is good?
SOLVED

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
1.) To place a dummy inside a unit, do this in your spell trigger:
Code:
Set CasterLoc = (Position of (Triggering Unit))
Create 1 Dummy Dude at CasterLoc facing Default Building Facing (270)
Just add "Locust" to the unit in the object editor or through an action:
Code:
Unit - Add 'Aloc' (Locust - Unselectable) to (Triggering unit)

2.) Seems pretty good to me. :D

HEAD BANGER!!! :banghead: :banghead:

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
I want to make an ability for my seige tank that charges up (with sound effects of charging up) and then fires a huge blast after 3 seconds. Targeting a single unit and dealing X damage. Suggestions on how to do this?

Can I make my abilitys charging up graphic by using the object editor? How? I tryed attaching it. Im using Fire bolt as a base ability.
SOLVED

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
Is this in the unit's properties? If so, I don't think you could do that. You'd probably have to use triggers.

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
1.) To place a dummy inside a unit, do this in your spell trigger:
Code:
Set CasterLoc = (Position of (Triggering Unit))
Create 1 Dummy Dude at CasterLoc facing Default Building Facing (270)
Just add "Locust" to the unit in the object editor or through an action:
Code:
Unit - Add 'Aloc' (Locust - Unselectable) to (Triggering unit)

I did all this but my unit still cannot be placed inside my casting unit. When I do the ability it just makes the dummy unit right beside the caster
I gave the dummy Model ART- Vampiric potion<caster>

How do I fix it so i can place my dummy unit inside caster and stay with the caster?
SOLVED

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
What is the Triggering Unit? I think you should store the unit in a variable, especially when you need it to stay inside the hero.

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
Alright heres what i got

Code:
Charged blast
    Events
        Unit - A unit Begins channeling an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Fireblast 
    Actions
        Set casterLoc = (Position of (Triggering unit))
        Unit - Create 1 dummy unit for Player 1 (Red) at casterLoc facing Default building facing degrees
SOLVED

I think I didnt do somthing right in the object editor.What all do u have to change? I gave him locust.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Hmm... I found only two problems:

1. Is it channeling an ability or casting an ability? I would use:
Code:
Events: A unit starts the effect of an ability

2. This isn't major but instead of "Player 1 (Red)", you should do this:
Code:
        Unit - Create 1 dummy unit for (Owner of (Triggering Unit)) at casterLoc facing Default building facing degrees

It might be your object editing as well. Click the link for a dummy tutorial:
Click HERE!!

T

thedude

Code:
Animation - Change (Your Unit)'s size to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) of its original size

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
Code:
Charged Blast casting art
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set CB_casterLoc = (Position of (Casting unit))
        Unit - Create 1 dummy unit for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at CB_casterLoc facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Add a 3.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
        Animation - Change (Last created unit)'s size to (120.00%, 120.00%, 120.00%) of its original size
        Wait 1.00 seconds
        Animation - Change (Last created unit)'s size to (135.00%, 135.00%, 135.00%) of its original size
        Wait 1.00 seconds
        Animation - Change (Last created unit)'s size to (150.00%, 150.00%, 150.00%) of its original size
        Wait 1.00 seconds
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_CB_casterLoc)

1) It works I'd just like to know, IS this leakfree and and are the actions in the right order to make it run smoothly?

2) I want to add some sound for the charging up Art. I would use a 3D sound i guess. Where would u put the actions for this sound in this code^
SOLVED

Doom-Angel

Jass User (Just started using NewGen)
Reaction score
1) It works I'd just like to know, IS this leakfree and and are the actions in the right order to make it run smoothly?
seems fine to me no leaks and the tigger look fine.
2) I want to add some sound for the charging up Art. I would use a 3D sound i guess. Where would u put the actions for this sound in this code^
well i didn't realy understand what were u asking but i will what i think u did:
u put it right after size change (not after the wait of course)

DuckieKing

Elitist Through and Through
Reaction score
Code:
Charged Blast casting art
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set CB_casterLoc = (Position of (Casting unit))
        Unit - Create 1 dummy unit for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at CB_casterLoc facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Add a 3.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
        Animation - Change (Last created unit)'s size to (120.00%, 120.00%, 120.00%) of its original size
        Wait 1.00 seconds
        Animation - Change (Last created unit)'s size to (135.00%, 135.00%, 135.00%) of its original size
        Wait 1.00 seconds
        Animation - Change (Last created unit)'s size to (150.00%, 150.00%, 150.00%) of its original size
        Wait 1.00 seconds
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_CB_casterLoc)
Put the RemoveLocation before the waits. When you have a wait, other triggers can run and if you remove the location after a wait it may mess with other triggers. Also, when you use GUI to create a unit, it sets the global bj_lastCreatedUnit to the created unit. (Last created unit) uses this global, and if you create a second unit between creating a unit and referring (Last created unit) in the same trigger, it will refer the wrong unit.

I see no leaks. Other than (Last created unit) and RemoveLocation, waits tend to wait slightly (.26-.27 seconds) longer than you tell them to.

Charging up? I didn't read the thread, but I guess you'd want the sound before any waits, so right at the top of the trigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.