Newbwc3's Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
QUOTE:
Code:
when you use GUI to create a unit, it sets the global bj_lastCreatedUnit to the created unit. (Last created unit) uses this global, and if you create a second unit between creating a unit and referring (Last created unit) in the same trigger, it will refer the wrong unit.

Ok let me get this straight, "Last created unit" refers only to the unit last created in the trigger that "last created unit" is put into? I thought "Last created unit" refers to the last created unit that is made by ANY trigger.

Also in "bj_lastCreatedUnit" what does bj stand for?
SOLVED

Korolen

New User (Why do I keep getting those red bars?)
Reaction score
QUOTE:
Code:
when you use GUI to create a unit, it sets the global bj_lastCreatedUnit to the created unit. (Last created unit) uses this global, and if you create a second unit between creating a unit and referring (Last created unit) in the same trigger, it will refer the wrong unit.

Ok let me get this straight, "Last created unit" refers only to the unit last created in the trigger that "last created unit" is put into? I thought "Last created unit" refers to the last created unit that is made by ANY trigger.

Also in "bj_lastCreatedUnit" what does bj stand for?
This is explained here. Not sure what the bj stands for... Blizzard JASS maybe?

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
thx and your the first one i've ever given +rep to..(because my rep was to low) +REP!

Wow this threads huge...If there was ever a newb he could go here and learn to use the editor, lol.
MORE QUESTIONS:
1) Should i clear the "bj_LastCreatedUnit" and how? "call Remove(bj_LastCreatedUnit)"?

2) I want to make my SeigeMachine(goblinshredder) to attack with a ranged flamethrower attack coming out of his cannon arm if an enemy is 150-400 range from him. I want this attack to only happen if the player tells the SeigeMachine to attack the enemy unit. Yea I know u could do that but I also want him to attack with his regular melee attack if the enemy is closer than 150 range. <<<(Maybe a custom ability could do this with some complex trigger but i have no clue how to do it).plz help.

3) U think my avatar looked better with the white background?Or should i outline his wings in red to see them better?

THX in advance! +Rep to anyone who can actually solve number2.
SOLVED

Farplane

Reaction score
Hmmm... took me a little bit of thought, not sure if it'll work but what you could try is....

1. Make a custom ability based off some AUTO-CASTING ABILITY (very important that you do this)

2. When the player wants to use the flamethrower, they can auto-cast it

3. Edit the abilty to make a flamethrower attack.

And when they want to melee, they just turn off the auto-cast! :D

Anything.

Reaction score
Or, well, you can give the unit two attacks... one with a minimum attack of 150+ and one with a maximum of 150-.

Not too hard since units can have two types of attacks...

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
Autocasting Mana-draining Flamethrower.

>Anything. Ur method does not work.

I Need to make an Auto-casting ability that does flamethrower and when turned on drains mana like immolation. But somehow I got to make it into a flamethrower. How? (maybe I shouldn't ask this yet cause I haven't really tried yet.) I should use immolation right? I've heard ppl haveing problems turning the burning effect off before.
SOLVED

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
You can just create an ability and just do the draining part yourself. I think it might work if you do this:
Code:
Ability Cast
Events:
Unit - A unit starts the effect of an ability
Conditions:
(Ability Being Cast) Equal to <Ability>
Actions:
Set ManaCur = (Triggering Unit)'s current Mana
Trigger - Run Mana Drain (Ignoring Conditions)

Code:
Mana Drain (Initially Off)
Events:
Time - Every 2.00 seconds of game time
Conditions:
Actions:
Unit - Set mana of (Triggering unit) to ((Mana Cur) - 1.00)

Code:
Stop Mana Drain
Events:
Unit - A unit stops casting an ability
Conditions:
Ability Being Cast) Equal to <Ability>
Actions:
Trigger - Turn off (Mana Drain)

I hope that will work! :shades:

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
I need an auto-casting ability that can damage enemys... already tried using heal and changing some things in editor but doesn't work. What ability should I use as a base? I'll need some missile art to be fired at enemy and damage him.
SOLVED

Anything.

Reaction score
Searing Arrows... Parasite... Inner Fire with negative Regen...

C'mon, even you could have done that.

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
Ok this time I actually did somthing :/

Code:
FlamethrowerON
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Flamethrower 
    Actions
        Set FT_caster = (Triggering unit)
        Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the hand,left of FT_caster using Doodads\Cinematic\TownBurningFireEmitter\TownBurningFireEmitter.mdl
        Trigger - Turn on FlamethrowerARTandDAMAGE <gen>

Code:
FlamethrowerOFF
    Events
        Unit - A unit Stops casting an ability
    Conditions
    Actions
        Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
        Trigger - Turn off FlamethrowerARTandDAMAGE <gen>

Code:
FlamethrowerARTandDAMAGE
    Events
        Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting an object
    Conditions
    Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (Unit-type of FT_caster) Equal to Siege Machine
                (Issued order) Equal to (Order(attack))
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Create 1 FT_Dummy for (Owner of FT_caster) at (Position of FT_caster) facing Default building facing degrees
                Unit - Add a 3.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
                Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Attack (Target unit of issued order)
                Unit - Cause (Attacking unit) to damage (Target unit of issued order), dealing 10.00 damage of attack type Chaos and damage type Fire
            Else - Actions

As you can see im using immolation as a base ability to turn it on/off and do mana drain. Using triggers to make the damage and missile art. IT HAS TO ONLY DO THE FLAMETHROWER ON ENEMYS THAT U CLICK ON once u turn it on ofcourse, you get the idea, well yea it doesnt work how to fix?

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead::cool:
SOLVED

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score
how doesnt it work? you cant turn it off or it doesnt attack?
Anyway the trigger which turns off the ability is kinda wrong
Code:
i suggest you to change it to a unit stops the effect of an ability
then targeting an object to maybe targeting an unit?

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
Offtopic-maps

It seems as if I have not pushed the submit button -.-
Here they are, still lacking tooltips and for the ctf (human vs orc) there are some features I didn't implement yet.
I presume they will follow, but if I don't get the point how to make them (see my thread "mana use of phenixfire") they won't.

Anything.

Reaction score
Ok this time I actually did somthing :/

Code:
FlamethrowerON
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the hand,left of FT_caster using Doodads\Cinematic\TownBurningFireEmitter\TownBurningFireEmitter.mdl
       [B] Set FlamethrowerArt = (Last created special effect)[/B]

Code:
FlamethrowerOFF
    Events
        Unit - [B]A unit Stops casting an ability[/B]
    Conditions
    Actions
        Special Effect - Destroy [B]FlamethrowerArt[/B]

Code:
FlamethrowerARTandDAMAGE
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
            If - Conditions
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Create 1 FT_Dummy for (Owner of FT_caster) at (Position of FT_caster) facing Default building facing degrees
                Unit - Cause[B] FT_caster [/B]to damage (Target unit of issued order), dealing 10.00 damage of attack type Chaos and damage type Fire
            Else - Actions

As you can see im using immolation as a base ability to turn it on/off and do mana drain. Using triggers to make the damage and missile art. IT HAS TO ONLY DO THE FLAMETHROWER ON ENEMYS THAT U CLICK ON once u turn it on ofcourse, you get the idea, well yea it doesnt work how to fix?

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead::cool:

Notice the bolded stuff.

I think this will only work for every time you order the unit to attack - i.e. you have to keep clicking the units you want to hurt.

Does the dummy have an attack enabled?

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
Code:
FlamethrowerON
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set FT_Art = (Last created special effect)

Code:
FlamethrowerOFF
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        Special Effect - Destroy FT_Art

Code:
FlamethrowerARTandDAMAGE
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
            If - Conditions
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Cause FT_caster to damage (Target unit of issued order), dealing 10.00 damage of attack type Chaos and damage type Fire
            Else - Actions

The problem is it doesn't do nothing! No art, no damage..nothing. I think it has somthing to do with them stupid ability events???

btw: I think to make it so u dont have to keep clicking on the unit it attacks u could loop the actions with the condition: unit being targeted health higher than 0%. How do u loop the actions like that?:mad:
SOLVED

Anything.

Reaction score
  • Let's make sure that your dummy unit has an attack for the attack function.
  • You should instead, use Unit is Attacked instead of Unit is issued an order...
  • Seige Engines do not have a hand attachment.
  • You can't "stop casting" Immolation.
  • Looping the effect after the unit starts flamethrowering would be even worse. The effect would continue even after the unit selects a different unit (one unit is clicked, the unit is flamed, second unit is clicked, both are flames, the first one is clicked again, it is flamed double and the second one is also flamed).
  • Make sure the dummy has a Missile attack...

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
Code:
FlamethrowerON
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set FT_Art = (Last created special effect)

Code:
FlamethrowerOFF
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        Special Effect - Destroy FT_Art

Code:
FlamethrowerARTandDAMAGE (initially off)
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
            If - Conditions
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Cause FT_caster to damage (Target unit of issued order), dealing 10.00 damage of attack type Chaos and damage type Fire
            Else - Actions

Alright the only way this is going to work is:

IF i can find some way of making an event like this: Unit Activates Flamethrower/Unit deactivates flamethrower. That way i can turn it on/off!
Maybe theres some custom JASS or somthin i dunno i just want it to work.
If i cant fix it this time i guess I'll just post my map this question has gone on way to long...:confused:
SOLVED

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
SerraAvenger -> +rep! I should give more +rep I know.
Farplane -> +rep!
Anything. -> +rep!
Thx for helping! I need help look at the post above this one!^
SOLVED

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
*Quickly sprints into this thread as Newbwc3 hands out rep* :D

Code:
If - Conditions:
           (Ability Being Cast) Equal to <Ability>
That should work well. Ability being cast refers to starting the effect, casting an ability, channeling an ability, and I'm pretty sure it is the same for "stop casting an ability", but you can't have the "Stop Casting an ability" in just one trigger unless that is your event. :D

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
PurgeandFire i dont think u quite understand correctly THAT^ does NOT work with immolation!!! What I need is an EVENT that detects when a unit ACTIVATES an ability(immolation) IMMOlation is my base ability! Do u understand what im trying to tell U!?help.:banghead:
SOLVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • WildTurkey WildTurkey:
    is there a stephen green in the house?
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up WildTurkey?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Looks like Google fixed whatever mistake that made the recipes on the site go crazy and we are no longer trending towards a recipe site lol - I don't care though because it motivated me to spend alot of time on the site improving it and at least now the content people are looking at is not stupid and embarrassing like it was when I first got back into this like 5 years ago.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Plus - I have a pretty bad ass recipe collection now! That section of the site is 10 thousand times better than it was before
  • The Helper The Helper:
    We now have a web designer at my job. A legit talented professional! I am going to get him to redesign the site theme. It is time.
  • Varine Varine:
    I got one more day of community service and then I'm free from this nonsense! I polished a cop car today for a funeral or something I guess
  • Varine Varine:
    They also were digging threw old shit at the sheriff's office and I tried to get them to give me the old electronic stuff, but they said no. They can't give it to people because they might use it to impersonate a cop or break into their network or some shit? idk but it was a shame to see them take a whole bunch of radios and shit to get shredded and landfilled
  • The Helper The Helper:
    whatever at least you are free
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.