Newbwc3's Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lordpredator

the attachment point is "Hand; right"(in 2 lines) or "weapon", but depends on the model you are using if it attach correctly or not. well, i made a flamethrower test with the method i tell you, it is working perfectly, the only thing you have to add is a trigger to detect when the mana is gone... and turn off the fmalethrower (convert the unit to his basic form)... i have added a effect of liquid fire (as the troll batrider), and you can add others effect too.

Attachments

• flame.jpg
    flame.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 176
  • flamethrower.w3x
    16.7 KB · Views: 163

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
Ok is there some way to make the dummy unit attached to the left hand when created.

Because the dummy shoots this flame thingy and it doesnt look like its coming out of the shredders cannon....

Or maybe even some way to create the dummy at the location of the left hand of the shredder. I tried to make it create the dummy at the location of last created special effect but I Can't do that.?
1)This is what im asking a way to attach a DUMMY to the unit.

2)How would u make a war club ability for a different unit other than mountain giant??
SOLVED

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
1. Using an Array for the variables would work most of the time.

2. I don't know what leaks you are talking about. Too lazy to read all pages of thread.

Note: Why not make your own help thread?

1. This was not a question, more sort of hint "look what will happen if more players/heros use it", but it seems as if it would be a non hero ability what makes it even more difficult. You will have to make lots of fields for the array.
To make a bit more apperent I created this nice -.- smiley, but still you did misinterprete it.

2. I did not start with these leaks. Newbwc3 asked if there where any "leaks". This nice doom-Angel answered that "Unit - Create 1 FT_Dummy for (Owner of FT_caster) at (Position of FT_caster) facing (Position of (Target unit of issued order))" would have 2 leaks, but I dunno see any leaks in it, so I asked about wich leaks they are talking, as I thought newbwc3 would refere to memory leaks.
EDIT:Ok I thought in the function "CreateNUnitsAtLoc" there was an automatical location remove...
Sad that JASS has no garbage collector :(

Note: I did not open a second help thread because 1. was a rhetorical question and 2. was a question what leaks they are talking about.

So if you want to help me, it would be wise to read other posts before. Of course, it is by far funnier to talk something over you only know the half about. //not meant to be offense. Do it the same way from //time to time, too

Greetings Serra

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
Yeap bringing up the good ole thread again...

I to0 Newb to fix this, would someone plz do it for me make it AOE and fix it so when you shoot the flamethrower your unit doesn't go running toward the target. I'll give you +rep, credit, whatever you want. Cause the only way I could know how to do it is, if its put right in front of my face exactly the way its supposed to be triggered! :(
help.
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=55305 <==here it is.
Just fix it and post it so i can dl it. I give up.
SOLVED

L

lordpredator

sorry i´m insistent... but is better to give up with that code when it can be made far more easy, without triggers, with AOE damage, and all kind of added effects to the attack... really, try the map i make for this thread... after all, i do it for you... i don´t need a flamethrower in my map (not yet :rolleyes: )

LP

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
Now that Flamethrower's finally done I can ask more stuff!

How do u make another unit have the ability "War Club" and have it work properly. When I give this to a unit it works and all but you dont see the animation of picking up the tree and you dont see the tree as you carry it. And I think If I can remember, As soon as you hit anyone with your invisible tree you just stop in place and cant do nothing.
SOLVED

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
You solved your problems?
Nice to hear.:)

k what's wrong with it?

All these animations are not available on normal units.
If you look at the giant, he has animations to pick up the tree and to walk / attack / cast with the tree.

Try using "Eat Tree" of an Nightelv Ancient, adding damage with a trigger and add a tree model wich you can attach to hand, right....

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
Tryed doing THAT^

Code:
War Club
    Events
        Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to War Club 
    Actions
        Wait 1.00 seconds
        Unit - Remove [B]War Club  [/B]from (Triggering unit)
        Unit - Add [B]Carrying Tree  [/B]to (Triggering unit)
        Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the left hand of (Triggering unit) using Doodads\Felwood\Props\FelwoodLogStraight\FelwoodLogStraight.mdl
        Wait 30.00 seconds
        Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
        Unit - Remove [B]Carrying Tree  [/B]from (Triggering unit)
        Unit - Add [B]War Club  [/B]to (Triggering unit)
aditional info:
>War Club is really the devour tree ability changed so it adds no health
>Carrying Tree is really the Critical Strike ablility(to add damage when ur carrying tree)

• Problem is sometimes when you pick up a tree the special effect is never destroyed!Even tho everything else in the trig works!
  • Also I changed the doodad in the object editor to be smaller and it is smaller when placed on the map, but when it is created via this trigger its not smaller!
:( :mad: :confused:
SOLVED

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
Hehe.

This is a bugged trigger, I had that problem once too....
PHP:
        Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the left hand of (Triggering unit) using Doodads\Felwood\Props\FelwoodLogStraight\FelwoodLogStraight.mdl
        Wait 30.00 seconds
        Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
This is the bugged part.
Note that when a new special effect is created during the wait time, the new effect will be destroyed, not the one you want to!
I had this problem with "last created floating text".
do it this way:
PHP:
custom script: local effect treeeffect=AddSpecialEffectTarget( "Doodads\Felwood\Props\FelwoodLogStraight\FelwoodLogStraight.mdl", GetSpellAbilityUnit(), "left hand")
wait 30 seconds
custom script: call DestroyEffect( treeeffect)

Too, Your problem is that in the Object Editor, you decrease the size in a pointer variable, not of the model itself (wich has the path Doodads\Felwood\Props\FelwoodLogStraight\FelwoodLogStraight.mdl).
To do that, copy the model, decrease its size, and add to your database afterwards. Note that the model path (Doodads\Felwood\Props\FelwoodLogStraight\FelwoodLogStraight.mdl) has to be changed then, too. You can take the "imported files" option instead of the normal used. Additional, you should preload it before using it in your map. This can be done by a trigger (preload file).

Hope that this fixed your first problem. If not, just tell me what is wrong exactly...
ANd ask a good Importer how to do all this stuff

Greetings Serra

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
!!!error!!!

Script Error! Expected a code statement
Code:
local effect treeeffect=AddSpecialEffectTarget( "Doodads\Felwood\Props\FelwoodLogStraight\FelwoodLogStraight.mdl", GetSpellAbilityUnit(), "left hand")

Script Error! Expected a name
Code:
   call DestroyEffect( treeeffect)

!
! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
SOLVED

Joker(Div)

Always Here..
Reaction score
if its just gonna last for a second or 2, do
Code:
call DestroyEffect( AddSpecialEffectTarget( "Doodads\Felwood\Props\FelwoodLogStraight\FelwoodLogStraight.mdl", GetSpellAbilityUnit(), "left hand") )

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
No, its going to last for 30 Seconds.

Script Error! Expected a code statement

Code:
local effect treeeffect=AddSpecialEffectTarget( "Doodads\Felwood\Props\FelwoodLogStraight\FelwoodLogStraight.mdl", GetSpellAbilityUnit(), "left hand")

Script Error! Expected a name
Code:
call DestroyEffect( treeeffect)
SOLVED

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
okay... I will look what the problem is...#

The second one is easy to understand why it doesnot work. It does not work becouse the variable is not declared properly.
The first one I do not understand....
Try it with "Right Hand"

I will try it in an own Game, and post the reult...

EDIT:
You have to change all \ in the model path to \\
Code:
"Doodads\\Felwood\\Props\\FelwoodLogStraight\\FelwoodLogStraight.mdl"
is the right. And too, left hand has to be Left Hand....
It seems to work with my game.
greeting Serra.

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
Alright I don't know any JASS at all so plz help me out here. I hate JASS
anyway this trigger does not work! the purpose is to create and destroy a tree attached to the left hand of triggering unit. must be MUI

Code:
War Club
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        Wait 1.00 seconds
        Unit - Remove War Club  from (Triggering unit)
        Unit - Add Carrying Tree  to (Triggering unit)
        Custom script:   local effect treeeffect=AddSpecialEffectTarget( "Doodads\\Felwood\Props\\FelwoodLogStraight\\FelwoodLogStraight.mdl", GetSpellAbilityUnit(), "Left Hand")
        Wait 30.00 seconds
        Custom script:   call DestroyEffect( treeeffect) 
        Unit - Remove Carrying Tree  from (Triggering unit)
        Unit - Add War Club  to (Triggering unit)
SOLVED

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Well, the positions and code is wrong, sorry... Here is the right way to do this:
Code:
   local effect treeeffect = AddSpecialEffectTargetUnitBJ( "left hand", GetSpellAbilityUnit(), "Doodads\\Felwood\\Props\\FelwoodLogStraight\\FelwoodLogStraight.mdl" )
It was "AddSpecialEffectTargetUnitBJ"... The "Left Hand" and "GetSpellAbilityUnit()" comes before the path... Your path was also wrong because you used one "\" instead of two "\" instead in certain areas. :D

Also, do this:
Code:
Custom Script:   call DestroyEffect(treeeffect)
Custom Script:   [B]set treeeffect = null[/B]

That should work, I think. :D

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
This does Not work!
Code:
War Club
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        Wait 1.00 seconds
        Unit - Remove War Club  from (Triggering unit)
        Unit - Add Carrying Tree  to (Triggering unit)
        Custom script:   local effect treeeffect = AddSpecialEffectTargetUnitBJ( "left hand", GetSpellAbilityUnit(), "Doodads\\Felwood\\Props\\FelwoodLogStraight\\FelwoodLogStraight.mdl" )
        Wait 30.00 seconds
        Custom script:   call DestroyEffect(treeeffect)
        Custom script:   set treeeffect = null
        Unit - Remove Carrying Tree  from (Triggering unit)
        Unit - Add War Club  to (Triggering unit)
This is exactly why I don't like JASS. plz help why won't it work i did everything You said!?
SOLVED

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
MY CODE WAS NOT WRONG: It was only more efficient!!!

Look here, this is the api blizzard.j:
Code:
function [b][u]AddSpecialEffectTargetUnitBJ takes string attachPointName, widget targetWidget, string modelName[/b][/u] returns effect
    set bj_lastCreatedEffect = [b][u]AddSpecialEffectTarget(modelName, targetWidget, attachPointName)[/b][/u]
    return bj_lastCreatedEffect
endfunction

This is what your nice BJ does: it runs my native.
So plz do not confuse him with inefficient code.

If you do not understand this, then most probably you should try to read phyxerians tutorial about efficiency, or stop using JASS.

@Newbwc3:
I use JASS here becouse else it would be difficult for multiple units casting this spell.
Do not let others confuse you with inefficient code. Believe me, I know what I post, others do probably bot, sad enough.

There is no error message, it just does not attach the tree... Perhaps wrong path...
I will try it again. The code itself is totally right.
Perhaps you should set the local at the beginning, the compiler doesn't like it if you init variables in the middle of the code.....

EDIT:
YES IT WORKS PERFECTLY!
Only thing I changed: The path, and the local is initialized just after the wait 1 sec.

Greetings Serra.

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
how do u take a screenshot of the trigger editor because it wont let me take one of that, only lets me take one of the wc3 worldeditor screen
SOLVED

T

thedude

You can do PrintScreen. It's function then delete on my laptop. I don't know what it is on a regular keyboard though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.