NewGen won't work

GetTriggerUnit-

DogEntrepreneur
Reaction score
I did a video to show you what I was doing, sorry for the very bad quality, movie maker sucks... Had to compress it.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxmfAXVt_7s[/MEDIA]
The video seems to not work... Here's the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxmfAXVt_7s

I download, extract files,and even with that it won't work I get we.lua: An instance of world editor seems to be already running.

Info
Patch 1.23
Vista

Weegee

Go Weegee!
Reaction score
Did you:

Set the path of the Wc3 Folder?

Have you tried older versions?

Have you turned off your Anti-Virus program?

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Open the task manager and look for we.exe or newgen.exe processes.

If you don't see any, log off and log back on and try again.

Gtam

Lerning how to write and read!! Yeah.
Reaction score
No most it can run on higer patches but if ur lucky and not recomended hav 2 wc3 instald 1 hav 1.21b patch and 2 hav latest for gameplay

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Um. NewGen works fine in 1.23b... There are only a few things that don't work: war3err, japi, and something else. But those won't be used, I'm willing to bet, by this guy. Or even you SharkBait.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Try restarting.

If that doesn't work, try uninstalling Warcraft III. Then delete all of the NewGen related files (except maps and setting files). That means Permanent Delete, not Soft Delete to the Recycle Bin. Then reinstall Warcraft III and patch to 1.23. Then download NewGen and try again.

Chewbalka

Reaction score
Right click its porperties and make sure the newgen.exe runs as admin (under compatibility tab)
that 'could' be the problem. windows vista has alot of security issues. but i would expet a diffreant error if it was about security.

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
Your using vista. Here's the problem with new gen. Its messed up on vista. Only way to open it is to run it as administartor so right click and its somewhere at the top. And screw all the messages about allowing. Just say yes so you could use it.

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
Sevion, maybe you disabeld some security options cause if you don't, it won't even turn on.

If it doesn't work then maybe check the JNGP thread, maybe they'll show you how to fix it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.