Weird No happy returns as school bans birthday cake

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
WELLINGTON (Reuters) - Children in a New Zealand school have been banned from bringing cakes to share on their birthdays, due to new government healthy eating guidelines.

Pupils at Oteha Valley primary school north of Auckland have been told they are allowed to celebrate their birthdays, but the cake must stay at home, the New Zealand Herald newspaper reported.

The Ministry of Education has been on a fat-busting crusade, introducing sweeping guidelines against unhealthy food in New Zealand schools.

------------------------
You get no Cake!

Last edited:

duyen

Reaction score
WTF! Cake is the 2nd to best invention ever! (next to pie!) No cake is like... no birthday!

13lade619

is now a game developer :)
Reaction score
Children in a New Zealand school have been banned from bringing cakes to share on their birthdays, due to new government healthy eating guidelines.

this thing was banned from our grade school ages ago...

but i was in grade school some years before it was banned.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
oh my god ,Banned the cake becose they take a cake on the school are they really ***** :nuts: Sure its good they think about thiers healt ,but birthday with out a cake and they forget they are kids also . they can really allow it sometime not hurts nobody

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
Pretty pointless. No cake at school means double cake at home.

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
What's the difference between eating the cake at school or at home??
They'll eat it eventually.

Bartuc08

Mostly known as Zomby Jezuz
Reaction score
this is rather retarded, in order to really get "healthy" its niot about not eating certain foods, its about eating foods in moderation.

undeadorcjerk

The Ulitimate TheHelper.net Lurker
Reaction score
What he said.

Thats why I fucking hate healthy eating bans. They are so gay.

neckface

terrain contest winner! :) dance contest loser. :(
Reaction score
Another example of Beurocrats telling us how we are to live our lives, while freedoms, however seemingly insignificant or trivial, get whittled away.

Some schools in America have gone so far as to forbid even fund-raising bake sales!

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
They banned cakes in my school too! Unless the 'party' is inside the classroom (and not outside). Why? Becuase people would have cake-fights =D

Anyway, any foodbans should be banned. People can still eat what ever they want, and most likely will. If you don't let them eat what they want, when they can, they will eat more quantities. But anyway... Say no to bans? =D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.