Nondescript title: A simple bug i can't figure

Roku

Reaction score
Hey,

I have this very wierd problem with one trigger of mine. Basicly the thing i want to do unpause all units, "except" one, and the way i execute this is after unpausing every unit, i add another action which should pause my unit but it doesn't. Here's my trigger:

Code:
Actions
    Unit - Unpause all units
    Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in Boss Fight Area <gen> matching ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to (==) Spirit Wolf)) and do (Actions)
        Loop - Actions
            Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Attack-Move To (Center of Boss Fight Area <gen>)
    Wait 0.25 seconds
    Unit - Pause Boss

I tried it first without the wait, it didnt work, so i was thinking it might work this way but it still doesnt. "Boss" is a unit variable, and i am sure i have set it to a value since i use it in earlier actions.

Ommi

Reaction score
what are the conditions and event ?

Id say leave the boss out of this trigger and create a second trigger for the boss it self so "when trigger A starts, wait 0.25 seconds, pause boss"

I might be wrong though, but I think it would help to know the event and conditions :)

Roku

Reaction score
Dont think this might help, but here's the whole trigger:

Code:
Cinematic End P4
    Events
        Time - P4cineTimer expires
    Conditions
    Actions
        Cinematic - Turn off letterbox mode (show interface) for (All players): fade in over 2.00 seconds
        Wait 2.00 game-time seconds
        Cinematic - Enable user control for (All players)
        Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Camera - Reset camera for (Picked player) to standard game-view over 0.00 seconds
        Unit - Unpause all units
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in Boss Fight Area <gen> matching ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to (==) Spirit Wolf)) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Attack-Move To (Center of Boss Fight Area <gen>)
        Unit - Pause Boss

And i dont think it has anything to do with the cinematic or the way that is triggered since i used the same method in other triggers and it all worked fine.
I have no idea how to work this out, but pausing the boss would be a core feature in my fight.

P.S.: i dont have the wait here before the pause, but its the same anyway.

EDIT: Maybe someone could try it on a map of their own and see if it works there or not.

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
why dont u change the pick every units part to 'units matching condition - unit type not equal to boss' or cant that be done? If so then u dont need to pause the boss again, he'll remain paused while the others are free to move.

Roku

Reaction score
Ok so i did some testing, and realized that the action
Code:
Cinematic - Enable user control for (All players)
actually unpauses all units. I didnt figure it out tho how is this affecting my trigger in a negative way, since i try pausing after that action, even have a wait before it. But i am sure that's the thing screwing me up and unpausing the boss.

EDIT: Ok damn i was wrong. I'm starting to run out of my patience, and think ill just hide the boss or something. If anyone still has found a solution, i will +rep for that :)

Ommi

Reaction score
well kinda mirroring what MurderMode said, you can try to do the "if / then / else" kinda thing and "if unit is a player" "then unpause" else "nothing"

or just have in the condition "unit not equal to boss"

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.