Not unhiding unit , Hero proper names

Silver

Reaction score
Hello, I have a problem with a trigger. It is supposed to unhide a unit, but it doesn't. After looking over it, I was unable to find any faults (with the unhiding that is), does anybody know what's wrong?

Also, my custom hero has 15 proper names, but every time I play (test) the scenario, he always uses the same name (the 8th name in the list). Is there a reason for this to happen?

Here is my trigger
Trigger:
  • Destroy New Hearthglen Final
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Paladin 0359 <gen> is alive) Equal to False
          • (ProgressNPC is alive) Equal to False
          • (Castle 0343 <gen> is alive) Equal to False
          • (Barracks 0354 <gen> is alive) Equal to False
          • (Altar of Kings 0353 <gen> is alive) Equal to False
        • Then - Actions
          • Set Progress = 4
          • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
          • Trigger - Turn off Destroy New Hearthglen 3 Help <gen>
          • Wait 5.00 seconds
          • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Death Knight 0133 <gen> named Death Knight: Play No sound and display We are victorious! .... Modify duration: Add 0.00 seconds and Wait
          • Wait 4.00 seconds
          • Cinematic - Fade out over 4.00 seconds using texture White Mask and color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
          • Wait 4.00 seconds
          • Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode On for (All players)
          • Cinematic - Turn on letterbox mode (hide interface) for (All players): fade out over 0.00 seconds
          • Trigger - Turn off Destroy New Hearthglen Fight <gen>
          • -------- Moving DK Back --------
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units of type Healing Ward) and do (Unit - Remove (Picked unit) from the game)
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by Player 2 (Blue) of type Ghoul (Level 1)) and do (Unit - Kill (Picked unit))
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by Player 2 (Blue) of type Ghoul (Level 2)) and do (Unit - Kill (Picked unit))
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by Player 2 (Blue) of type Ghoul (Level 3)) and do (Unit - Kill (Picked unit))
          • Unit Group - Order (Units owned by Player 2 (Blue)) to Stop
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by Player 2 (Blue)) and do (Set ProgressNPC = (Picked unit))
          • Unit - Move ProgressNPC instantly to (Center of Main Entrance Portal <gen>)
          • Unit - Hide ProgressNPC
          • Item - Remove (Item carried by ProgressNPC of type Spider Silk Broach)
          • Item - Remove (Item carried by ProgressNPC of type Healing Wards)
          • -------- Removing the rest --------
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in New Hearthglen Portal Area <gen>) and do (Unit - Remove (Picked unit) from the game)
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in New Hearthglen Area <gen>) and do (Unit - Remove (Picked unit) from the game)
          • Camera - Apply Camera 034 <gen> for Player 2 (Blue) over 0.00 seconds
          • Wait 2.00 seconds
          • Cinematic - Fade in over 1.00 seconds using texture White Mask and color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
          • Camera - Apply Camera 033 <gen> for Player 2 (Blue) over 5.50 seconds
          • Wait 2.00 seconds
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Center of Main Entrance Portal <gen>) using Abilities\Spells\Undead\DeathPact\DeathPactTarget.mdl
          • Set ProgressSE = (Last created special effect)
          • Wait 0.50 seconds
          • Special Effect - Destroy ProgressSE
          • Unit - Unhide ProgressNPC
          • Wait 2.00 seconds
          • Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode Off for (All players)
          • Cinematic - Turn off letterbox mode (show interface) for (All players): fade in over 1.00 seconds
          • Wait 3.00 seconds
          • Game - Display to (All players) the text: Test
        • Else - Actions

(By the way, the death knight sending the transmission is not the hero being hidden and unhidden)

Rainther

I guess I should write something of value here...
Reaction score
I haven't read through the entire trigger, but I recall hidden units rarely being picked through unit groups. May I suggest to store the unit into a global unit group before hiding if and use this group to unhide him?
I may be totally off topic, if such sorreh :p.

Silver

Reaction score
Isn't that what I'm already doing?
(Btw, the unit is a hero (I only want that hero to get to the region "Main Entrance Portal", that's why I removed all the other units (ghouls and healing wards) as you can see) and has both a normal form and a mounted form. Because he could be in either form at the time of him moving, I use pick every unit in order to make sure to get the right one)

Devrak

Reaction score
>Also, my custom hero has 15 proper names, but every time I play (test) the scenario, he always uses the same name (the 8th name in the list). Is there a reason for this to happen?

Does he have Proper Names Used - 15? Also, you can check if the box at File/Preferences/Test Map - Fixed Random Seed is unchecked. If not, then uncheck it and try it again.

Edit: Also, I'm not sure how hiding/unhiding works but you have "Unit - Unhide ProgressNPC" when you already have the condiotion in the trigger ProgressNPC is alive equal to false. Can you unhide a dead unit?

Silver

Reaction score
The dead ProgressNPC isn't the one being hidden and unhidden (you can, btw, hide/unhide dead units). I set the hero I wanted to hide/unhide as ProgressNPC further in the trigger, replacing the dead one
"
Trigger:
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by Player 2 (Blue)) and do (Set ProgressNPC = (Picked unit))
"

I'm trying out the Fixed Random Seed thing right now, but yeah he does have Proper Names Used - 15.

EDIT: The proper name problem is fixed now, thanks.

Devrak

Reaction score
The dead ProgressNPC isn't the one being hidden and unhidden (you can, btw, hide/unhide dead units). I set the hero I wanted to hide/unhide as ProgressNPC further in the trigger, replacing the dead one
"
Trigger:
"

I'm trying out the Fixed Random Seed thing right now, but yeah he does have Proper Names Used - 15.

EDIT: The proper name problem is fixed now, thanks.

Ah, I missed that. Does Player 2 (Blue) have more then one unit? Because that might screw it up.

Silver

Reaction score
I already removed all other units it should have, leaving one unit. But this unit can be one of two units (normal version or mounted version) which is why I can't do Pick Every unit in (Units of Type (My Unit)) and do (Hide (Picked Unit))

Devrak

Reaction score
You could test if that is really the problem by removing the hide/unhide part of the trigger for a while, and add a special effect to that unit to make sure it really is that unit that gets picked. As far as I know, that unit group might pick dead units too. Try to add a matching condition that says it's not dead.

Silver

Reaction score
It now works: I set the unit in a variable (different variable) in a previous trigger.
I still wonder why it didn't work though. Could it've been because I first had to set the ProgressNPC variable to Preset: No Unit ? Was it because the variable already had a unit set to it (I don't think so, because in other triggers I can use the same variable multiple times, so that can't be it). Anyway, thanks again Devrak. Can't give you rep twice, sadly.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.