Odd Request: Tutor?

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
This may sound odd...but...instead of an icon, I'm requesting a tutor. I would really like to start building up some graphic skills, teach me the trade, you know what I mean? What I need is someone who can make really nice icons and is willing to teach me how to do so. The glowing effect, the pretty shades, that sort of stuf.

You wont have to support me 24/7. All I'm asking is to send me a lesson once in a while. Just explain to me how to do a certain effect and order me to make a picture/icon involving that effect. Once I've finished that icon/picture, send me another (harder) lesson, and keep doing so untill I've mastered it as far as you do (no matter how long it takes)

Anyone out there with some skills and time on his hands willing to help out a graphic dummy like me?

gameman

It's been a long, long time.
Reaction score
I dont know about a tutor, but you may find people willing to show you how they make icons.

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
I dont know about a tutor, but you may find people willing to show you how they make icons.

Would be a start, watching the whole process. Would in fact definitely be better then nothing at all. You dont happen to know anyone willing to do this right?:D

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'd like someone like this too.
I think many people do.

Maybe a pro icon maker could make a step-by-step tutorial about how they made a specific icon?

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well here is insanes icon he worked on. His thread shows how he worked on his icon.

His w.i.p. thread
His final product
Looks kinda rubbish though :p

I'm not really into icon making, But I do get annoyed when I need an icon for something, but can't find one. I have pretty good PS skills too. I just need to know some tips, tricks, and techniques. :D

Sil3nt

SUP?
Reaction score
Looks kinda rubbish though

Don't hold back.

I don't tutor, because I don't have the time, but if you post/pm an icon, you could ask me how to do a specific effect and I'll show/tell you how I would do it.

Though those random abstract effects involve a lot of experimenting.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Don't hold back.

I don't tutor, because I don't have the time, but if you post/pm an icon, you could ask me how to do a specific effect and I'll show/tell you how I would do it.

Though those random abstract effects involve a lot of experimenting.
You make icons?

Could you at least make a little tutorial or something? :)

(I feel like I'm stealing this thread!)

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
You make icons?

Could you at least make a little tutorial or something? :)

(I feel like I'm stealing this thread!)

Everything you achieve, I can take profit from as well. Go and and fetch me some extremely detailed tutorials, minion. :D

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well its the only thing i know that has a w.i.p. thread.
Any ways I make icons too, there a little sucky but I can show you both how I did it.
Go ahead :)

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score

gameman

It's been a long, long time.
Reaction score
12:22pm... That's basically mid-day.

well actually Im really bad at reading clocks.
it was soon about to turn "one in the morning".

alright guys if Insane! doesnt mind I'll make an icon simalar to his. Well he hasnt logged in in a while

Edit: I forgot I was supposed to be icon-ing

Edit 2: Here Is something I threw together in five minutes!

Icon.jpg

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.