Opaque Units

Simbob

Reaction score
Hi again! :)

Just wondering if I'd have to make a trigger so that my units become opaque. I wanna make them look ethereal but not actually be. It'd be really handy if there was a spell that could make them about 50% opaque, but i don't think there is.

Also, I have this trigger that half works based off Metamorphosis.

Trigger:
  • Shift
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Shift
    • Actions
      • Animation - Change (Casting unit)'s vertex coloring to (50.00%, 50.00%, 100.00%) with 50.00% transparency

What happens is the unit casts the spell and changes colour but not transparency. What i'm thinking happens is before the unit swaps it changes its vertex coloring. Then swaps to the other unit type. Making only the colours change and not the Transparency. Am i right? How would i go about fixing this? Maybe make the event for when he finishes casting the ability?

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Well, do you need the caster to change it's model or something ? (Why do you base it on Metamorphosis ?)

If not, the just base the spell on "Channel" and make it do nothing, then your trigger should work :D

Simbob

Reaction score
Yeah. It has to change it's classification from nothing to ancient. Thats the only difference between the 2 that switch. But the colour of the unit changes. So why doesn't the transparency?

bOb666777

Stand against the ugly world domination face!
Reaction score
Add a 0.5 seconds wait or something? Transparency tends to resets often, for example when a hero revives. Colors don't.

Simbob

Reaction score
Thanks! It works now :p +rep

But 0.5 looked a bit odd. So i made it the old .01 sec wait :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.