[ORC] Zug Zug. I can do that.[/ORC] Who sounds like an orc?

Luth

Lex Luthor!
Reaction score
I want to import a custom wav to replace one of the speech files for the orc peon. Its for my Go FiSH! 2 map. Turns out, though, that I'm not very good at making my voice sound like an orc peon, nor am I talented at manipulating wav files.

I would REALLY appreciate it if one of you who are more skilled than I could make me an orc-peon sounding wav that says "Lets go fish!"

Please post here if you can help. :) I'll like... buy you a coke or something. :cool:

U are a noob

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Luth said:
I want to import a custom wav to replace one of the speech files for the orc peon. Its for my Go FiSH! 2 map. Turns out, though, that I'm not very good at making my voice sound like an orc peon, nor am I talented at manipulating wav files.

I would REALLY appreciate it if one of you who are more skilled than I could make me an orc-peon sounding wav that says "Lets go fish!"

Please post here if you can help. :) I'll like... buy you a coke or something. :cool:
So you want us to record a sound that sounds like a peon saying lets go fish?

Luth

Lex Luthor!
Reaction score
This is the best I have so far, and its not as close as I want it. Included are two attempts, along with an extracted peon wav.

*edit*

Four samples now, offered from a variety of people.

U are a noob

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Luth said:
This is the best I have so far, and its not as close as I want it. Included are two attempts, along with an extracted peon wav.

*edit*

Four samples now, offered from a variety of people.
Those sound good.

Mullit

Reaction score
i had a voice making program a while ago where you could type words in then change the voice to male/ female and change the pitch and tempo and stuff like that, then you could press play and it would read the words in the voice you set up. i cant remember if you can save the sounds though. i will try to find it and if i dont still have it i will try and find somewhere to dl it.

Luth

Lex Luthor!
Reaction score
I ended up making a modified version of f1 (creatively dubbed "f3"), which matched more closely with the tone and tempo of the peon. After a brief scrubdown in Cool Edit Pro, it sounds pretty good. The result can be heard in my new map: Go FiSH! 2 - Deep Sea (link below). :cool:

Luth

Lex Luthor!
Reaction score
Geelottaja said:
Sounds good :). I was a bit surprised the first time my fisherman said that :D
Heh, thats exactly what I wanted. Turns out, I do a pretty good orc peon impression. ;-)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.