Panda Fire Model

vespt

Reaction score
Well i created a fire panda with a expiration timer but when it comes to end the panda just stays in place(like with locust ability and no colision) I alrdy try add a explode on death but didnt work :S
Is this from model or am I doing something worng?!

BTW this line of the trigger isnt working :S any ideia why
Code:
Unit - Create 1 Evasion for Player 1 (Red) at (Target point of ability being cast) facing Default building facing degrees
It creates the Evasion(unit) always in the same spot instead in the "target point of baility being casted".

ty in adv

wellwish3r

wishes wells.
Reaction score
if it is on of the pandas from the pandaren brew master ultimate, its the model, since they don't have a real death animation, they just reassemble into the brew master

wellwish3r

wishes wells.
Reaction score
its decays after the normal time all units decay, but it doesn't have a decay animation either, so it just vanishes after the given time. you could make a simple trigger that removes a unit that dies if the unit type of that unit it equal to fire panda and at the same time create a fire special effect or something at the location of the unit.

R

regnak

Unit - Create 1 Evasion for Player 1 (Red) at (Target point of ability being cast) facing Default building facing degrees

This isn't working because you need to add in the conditions a line similar to this;

Actions:
Unit (Someone) begins casting ability

Conditions:
Ability = to (something)

Actions:
Do whatever you want

wellwish3r

wishes wells.
Reaction score

This isn't working because you need to add in the conditions a line similar to this;

Actions:
Unit (Someone) begins casting ability

Conditions:
Ability = to (something)

Actions:
Do whatever you want

use Unit Starts the effect of an ability, rather then the red marked stuff, since thats more reliable

@vespt

it always helps when you post the entire trigger, not just a line....

vespt

Reaction score
ty wellwisher....

About the code.. I know that i put cond and event and some more actions but that freaking line instead of creating a fire panda on the position i ask it just creat on the center of map...

vespt

Reaction score
Here´s the whole code.... all units are created in center of map :S
Ability base on blizzard

Code:
WTHell
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to WTHell 
    Actions
        Unit - Pause (Casting unit)
        Wait 2.00 seconds
        Unit Group - Add (Last created unit) to Pandas
        Unit - Create 1 Persistence for Player 1 (Red) at (Target point of ability being cast) facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Create 1 Power for Player 1 (Red) at (Target point of ability being cast) facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Create 1 Resistance for Player 1 (Red) at (Target point of ability being cast) facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in Pandas and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Unit - Add a 10.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Picked unit)
                Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Picked unit)) using Abilities\Spells\Orc\Disenchant\DisenchantSpecialArt.mdl
                Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
        Wait 10.00 seconds
            Loop - Actions
                Unit - Remove (Picked unit) from the game
                Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Picked unit)) using Objects\Spawnmodels\Human\FragmentationShards\FragBoomSpawn.mdl

wellwish3r

wishes wells.
Reaction score
try setting the point in a variable before the wait since the target point of ability might simply not 'survive' the wait.

vespt

Reaction score
Well you did it :D just 1 more probl :S

The pandas summon in the right place but the blizzar still target the center of mal oO

Any ideia

Would give u thousands of +rep for now if I could :D

wellwish3r

wishes wells.
Reaction score
Well you did it :D just 1 more probl :S

The pandas summon in the right place but the blizzar still target the center of mal oO

Any ideia

Would give u thousands of +rep for now if I could :D

im just wondering, which blizzard? i cant see any ability that is cast here, apart from the one that triggers the trigger, everything else are special effect, that are not resembling a blizzard at all :confused:

EDIT: if the blizzard is cast by a dummy, plz post that trigger as well.

vespt

Reaction score
let me try to explain clearly:

The WTHell is the ability based on blizzard
The code is like that atm:

Code:
WTHell
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to WTHell 
        (Level of WTHell  for (Triggering unit)) Greater than or equal to 2
    Actions
        Set Caster = (Casting unit)
        Set cast_point = (Target point of ability being cast)
        Unit - Pause Caster
        Wait 2.00 seconds
        Unit - Create 1 Evasion for Player 1 (Red) at cast_point facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Create 1 Persistence for Player 1 (Red) at cast_point facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Create 1 Power for Player 1 (Red) at cast_point facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Create 1 Resistance for Player 1 (Red) at cast_point facing Default building facing degrees
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (Level of WTHell  for Caster) Equal to 3
            Then - Actions
                    Loop - Actions
                        Unit - Add a 15.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Picked unit)
                        Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Picked unit)) using Abilities\Spells\Undead\CarrionSwarm\CarrionSwarmDamage.mdl
            Else - Actions
                    Loop - Actions
                        Unit - Add a 10.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Picked unit)
                        Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Picked unit)) using Abilities\Spells\Undead\CarrionSwarm\CarrionSwarmDamage.mdl
        Selection - Select Pandas for Player 1 (Red)
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (Level of WTHell  for Caster) Equal to 3
            Then - Actions
                Wait 15.00 seconds
                    Loop - Actions
                        Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Picked unit)) using Objects\Spawnmodels\Human\FragmentationShards\FragBoomSpawn.mdl
                        Unit - Cause (Picked unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 200.00 at (Position of (Picked unit)), dealing 50.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
                        Unit - Unpause Caster
                        Selection - Select Hero for Player 1 (Red)
            Else - Actions
                Wait 10.00 seconds
                    Loop - Actions
                        Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Picked unit)) using Abilities\Spells\Human\DispelMagic\DispelMagicTarget.mdl
                        Unit - Unpause Caster
                        Selection - Select Hero for Player 1 (Red)

yy.... It changed quite a bit
What i noticed is that in lvl 1(when it doesnt run the trigger) the blizzard happens in the target area, but when it's lvl2/3 the blizzard just happens at the center of map :S

Thx 4 the patience

wellwish3r

wishes wells.
Reaction score
The blizzard thing might be because you pause the caster, try doing it with a dummy (use a spell without animation, then create a dummy at the caster location, and order the dummy to cast blizzard at the target loc)

Another thing:

Code:
[COLOR="Red"]Unit - Cause (Picked unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 200.00 at (Position of (Picked unit)), dealing 50.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal[/COLOR]

this damages all units in the area, no matter if they are buildings, friendly, etc. you might want to do a unit group loop, that picks only enemies.:thup:

vespt

Reaction score
Got the first part missed the second :S

Nevermind... just curiosity... The supposed effect is to damage all....

THX A LOT :D great help m8

luv u :)

wellwish3r

wishes wells.
Reaction score
Got the first part missed the second :S

Damage units in a circular area just damages ALL units in that circular area, it does not make a difference between friend and foe, so unless you also want to damage friendly units with it, make a unit group with all enemy unit within 200 of the panda, and then damage the picked unit for 50.

vespt

Reaction score
THX :D

THE GREATEST HELPER ON THE HELPER.NET :D

It s supposed to do the damage to all but thanks was curiosity only :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • WildTurkey WildTurkey:
    is there a stephen green in the house?
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up WildTurkey?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Looks like Google fixed whatever mistake that made the recipes on the site go crazy and we are no longer trending towards a recipe site lol - I don't care though because it motivated me to spend alot of time on the site improving it and at least now the content people are looking at is not stupid and embarrassing like it was when I first got back into this like 5 years ago.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Plus - I have a pretty bad ass recipe collection now! That section of the site is 10 thousand times better than it was before
  • The Helper The Helper:
    We now have a web designer at my job. A legit talented professional! I am going to get him to redesign the site theme. It is time.
  • Varine Varine:
    I got one more day of community service and then I'm free from this nonsense! I polished a cop car today for a funeral or something I guess
  • Varine Varine:
    They also were digging threw old shit at the sheriff's office and I tried to get them to give me the old electronic stuff, but they said no. They can't give it to people because they might use it to impersonate a cop or break into their network or some shit? idk but it was a shame to see them take a whole bunch of radios and shit to get shredded and landfilled
  • The Helper The Helper:
    whatever at least you are free
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.