Parry Hero Ability

Ben

Reaction score
...and another thread by me...

Currently as part of the RPG map I'm making I've attempted to introduce "real" combat, similar to oblivion. In this case, a attacks, and d blocks. The attack "ability" works perfectly, but the ability to parry blows doesn't.

Initially I based it off divine shield - a 0.6 second shield which was the right time to block one attack - but invulnerability loses all aggro, making the ability useless. I then tried a triggered version which stored initial hero health at start of ability and then every 0.1 seconds throughout the ability it stuck the heroes health back up to initial health. Caused HUGE problems - heals would be lost, as would regeneration, and you could die in the interval.

Anyone have any ideas as to how I would trigger a "parry blow" ability?

Many Thanks
Skli :)

ragingspeedhorn

Is a Banned Asshole
Reaction score
Basicly the hit misses? Well isent there some sort of dodge ability in warcraft which gives attacking units a % chance to miss? You can give the hero that ability for 0.06 sec and then have the miss % on 100. Just a guess :p

Ben

Reaction score
No room on hero - heros have 6 abilities. Adding them an ability causes an ability to be "lost" - in this case - the attack ability which isn;t good :(.

ragingspeedhorn

Is a Banned Asshole
Reaction score
Hmm okay, well here is another pretty far fetched idea: What about replacing the unit with another unit which is identical in the looks and that only has that one ability and then change back again afterwards?

Ben

Reaction score
Unfortunately I think I'd lose inventory and spellbook abilities and all levels :(

ragingspeedhorn

Is a Banned Asshole
Reaction score
Ben said:
Unfortunately I think I'd lose inventory and spellbook abilities and all levels :(

You would lose it? You should just hide the normal unit and replace him with the dummy one, then remove dummy one and unhide old one again :p

darth-yoda

Reaction score
Could you use Mana Sheild? Just edit it alittle bit so it blocks all damage but cost 0 mana.

Ben

Reaction score
Will try that Darth - ty and will also try your idea raginspeed.
Ty all

1)ark_Knight

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
can you use the ability "defend" but make it so it blocks 100% of the damage and doesn't slow you hero down?

and y wouldnt the divine sheild work? I know that it loses agro but it would only be for 0.6 seconds and then the enemy would auto attack again wouldn't it? When a divine sheild wheres off the enemy always attacks again...idk it depends on how your doing it.

wingdnosring

Reaction score
I think you could also use frost armour to achieve your goal. I don't think a shield would be able to stop you from taking any damage. Just add armour when the player presses d.

NoxMortus

All Along the Watchtower
Reaction score
wingdnosring said:
I think you could also use frost armour to achieve your goal. I don't think a shield would be able to stop you from taking any damage. Just add armour when the player presses d.

I'd prefer to use inner fire, myself ;)

But yea this is a good suggestion, because in oblivion when you block, you take a little damage anyway.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.