US News Pennsylvania Wendy's fined $300K for over 700 child labor law violations

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
BERKS COUNTY, Pa. (WHP) — The operator of 21 Wendy's locations across Bucks, Montgomery and Chester counties is facing a $300,000 fine from the Pennsylvania Department of Labor & Industry (L&I) after investigators say the restaurants committed 766 violations of the PA Child Labor Act in 2023.

L&I Secretary Nancy Walker announced the fines against the franchise owner, GCWen Management, on Wednesday.

According to Walker, the restaurants failed to provide proper breaks to 81 children, employed 18 children without work permits, failed to notify school districts about the employment changes of 98 children, employed 10 children under the age of 16 without parental authorization, and allowed 38 children to work more hours per week than legally permitted.

L&I's Bureau of Labor Law Compliance (BLLC) launched the investigation after it received a tip from the Bureau of Workers' Compensation about children injured on the job at various Wendy's restaurants, according to a press release.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.