Other Pirates

RedOrb

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Hi all,
This project is set amidst some bright, dirty, sandy and mystical Caribbean Isles. A major feud rages under the beating sun on a large Island called Cocofort. The two factions at war, the clean Cardinals and the pernicious Pirates, both have a base of operations on each end of the Island. Their unrelenting assaults on each other's forts have been said to turn the golden sands crimson with spilt blood.

A day like any other, except that today, the beaches yielded more than the usual shell or two. The storm-battered bodies of eight crewmen dried in the morning sun. Largely unhurt, the eight awoke at separate parts of the Island, and made their way to the nearest town authority without a hint at what lay beneath their mental masks of amnesia.
To be discovered soon, were the glinting stones of ocean grey that lay in the pouches at their waists..

Completion: 25%
If you are interested or if you want to find out if this truly will be original or not, send a PM.

Edits here and there.

RedOrb

Reaction score
Why don't I have any PM's? :D Oh ye of little faith!
here's some screenshots:

295xres.png

15fhe1k.png

og9sb6.png

2z4hlxi.png

RedOrb

Reaction score
Some more information.

Wind-driven Sailing
Each player will have the chance to control one boat, and to move the boat around the map, the player will have to become accustomed to the ever-changing weather. In order to understand how to sail the swiftest, the player must keep close attention to the current wind direction which will be displayed from time to time on-screen.

A player may gain speed boosts by sailing with the wind, which is to say, they must be facing the direction of the wind in order to catch it in their sails. To face into the wind, is to sail the slowest, with all the ship's sails being powered the wrong way round.
Partnered with the attacking ability of non-homing projectiles and you have a new kind of warfare.

Wind triggers: 80% complete.

SnowCrow

Reaction score
Did you manipulate those screenshots? How come they look so bright and unreal? Looks damn nice! :)

RedOrb

Reaction score
Photoshop(?).
Gimp

Yes. Cheap trick to get people to join the project.
But actually, when people find out exactly how the map works, they'll fall in love with it.. Ideally I want some blind trust which can be rewarded by a concept which is so cool, that they'll WANT to stay. Kinda like Stockholm syndrome.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Really, that's what everyone says about their map, :D

Pirate are cool I guess, heh.
25% done only? Faster! :thup:

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
I may be able to assist if you need terraining done. Been far too long for me to do anything else. (And yes, Pirates are awesome.)

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
TWV, What are you good at? I want you on the project!

Really? Did I say something that sounded awesome? :D
Er... I would try helping with terrain but let Pineapple do it, :)
But I guess I could generally help with ideas.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

RedOrb

Reaction score
@: Pineapple, thanks :) Check your PM's.

@: TWV, cool :D Well, at the moment, I want to figure out one of the best ways to implement a water-skiing minigame. I'm gonna go for 2 max movement speed naga based characters, with some added effects and some kind of facingangle + distance between varying periodic event, and some crash trigs.

Kinda unsure at this moment though, on how to do things. Any ideas ?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.