News Pistachio nuts could provide caffeine free alternative to coffee.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
It has caused coffee manufacturers sleepless nights: could there be a caffeine-free coffee which actually tastes like the real thing?

The search for a stimulant-free alternative has often proven less than fruitful, with versions of the drink which lack not just caffeine's kick, but flavour.

Now scientists claim to have found a possible solution in a type of pistachio nut.

They claim that carefully roasted, the fruit of the Pistacia terebinthus tree, which is much smaller than normal pistachios, could offer all the flavour of coffee, with none of the kick - as well as being significantly cheaper.

It might seem an unlikely boast, as the special type of pistachio nut is from a tree better known as having sap which is a source of turpentine.

Would you drink it?

Last edited by a moderator:

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
This would only appeal to people who like decaf coffee imho. I, not being one of those.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Why doesn't decaf cost more since they have to go through the extra process of removing the caffeine?

Furby

Current occupation: News poster
Reaction score
Eh. Drinking coffee without caffeine is like having keyboard but nowhere to connect it to. At least for me.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
What a misleading title. I thought they found a chemical in a pistachio nut that could provide alertness without resorting to addictive caffeine.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.